CHAPTER 40

Ashley's POV

It's been a week and until now I still get that feeling of being watch by someone but whenever I look in my surroundings no one was there, maybe I'm just a little paranoid or something so I let it go.

Jeremy and Jen decided to marry before the baby was born. Jen was seven months pregnant now so they only have two weeks to prepare the wedding. They wanted it to be simple and intimate with there families and closes friends. I'm happy that my brother found the love of his life, I can see how deep their love for each other was.

I am now 25 weeks pregnant and getting ready for my monthly check up. It was hard to move with my big belly and putting clothes and shoes on was a difficult task every time, sometimes I wish Kevin was beside me to help out.

The drive to the clinic takes longer than the usual because of some road accident. My legs was almost numb when I exit my car, luckily I left the house early and still arrived on time for my appointment.

I was on my way to the waiting area when my phone beep alerting me that I have a message. I was about to open my phone when it rings, Jeremy was calling.

"Hey! big bro." I answered.

"Hi! lil sis, are you busy?" He asked on the other line.

"Kinda, I'm having my check up today. I just arrived at the clinic, why?" I wonder why he called.

"What time is you check up?" Was his short reply. I can feel uneasiness in his voice. I look at my wrist watch and I still have 10 minutes to spare.

"I have to wait for another ten minutes. Is everything alright?" I answered puzzled.

"Good, yes everything’s pretty . Okay I have to go now. Take care!" And he hangs up. I look at my phone and wonder about Jeremy's strange behavior.

I opened the message and it was just the clinic remaining me of my appointment. I slip my phone back on my purse and take a seat at the waiting area.

I didn't wait that long before my name was called. Just like the usual the attending nurse assist me to wear a hospital gown and help me lay down on a narrow bed.

"Doctor Vivian Simon will see you in a few minutes." The nurse said before exiting.

Kevin's POV

I have been following Ashley since I got back from Paris, I remember the first time I saw her again at the park near our house she was glowing with the morning sunshine above her head, she was walking along the path beautiful as I can remember.

She looks vibrant, pregnancy suits her and that baby inside her tummy was mine "our child". God I missed her so much!  I want to run to her, hug her close in my arms and never let her go but I got afraid. Fear consume me and eat me alive, I am afraid that she cannot forgive me or she already moved on and forget about me.

I follow her everyday like a stalker. I feel stupid doing this but somehow seeing her from afar made me feel a little bit closer to her even if I cannot touch her. Jeremy talked me to meet her already, I want to do that but I am still waiting for the right moment or I am just gathering enough courage.

Today I decided that I'll be talking to her tomorrow, I realized it's time to man up and face whatever faith will lead me. I will call Jeremy later to let him know, first I want to visit my shops and the gym to catch up with my friends.

I was parking my car in front of the gym when my phone rings.

"Hello" I answered without looking at the caller id while exiting my car.

"Hey Kevin where are you?" Jeremy asked urgently.

"Jeremy, I was going to call you. I'm at the gym, I decided to see Ashley tomorrow. Do you think it's a good idea?" I want to hear his opinion about it. I know I shouldn't have waited this long.

"Actually I called because Ashley's rush to the clinic and I thought you might want to go check up on her. I don't know the reason why and we are on our way there. If you really want to see her this might be the right time, she needs you." My body went cold hearing the news.

"Okay see you there." I said ending the call.

I run back to my car and reverse quickly to drive to the clinic. I think I may have violated several traffic rules but I don't care I need to be with Ashley and our baby and I need to be there fast.

Once I park my car I run to the front desk and asked for her. Good thing I was listed as the father of the baby and didn't take long before the receptionist allowed me to see her. I push the door that the woman told me where Ashley was and rush inside. I was breathing really hard when I saw her lying in bed wearing a hospital gown.

I step closer to her without taking my eyes off her. I can see surprise in her face when she saw me. I felt something has been lifted in my heart when I saw her and didn't hold back my self I rush to her side hugging her careful of her baby bump.

"God I missed you so much." I look her in the eyes memorizing every features of her face. It feels like years since I lay my eyes on her.

"I'm so sorry for leaving. I'm not going to let you go again and our child. I hope you can forgive me Ashley." I beg in front of her and waited for a slap in the face from her or something but she was just staring at me for a second then a breathtaking smile appeared on her face and every doubt I have vanish in thin air.

"I'm sorry too Kevin for not giving you a chance to explain yourself I should have listen to you. I know you went through a lot when you leave, Max told me everything. Why didn't you call me? I should have been there with you to help you cope." She said understanding and sympathy in her eyes. She reach for me and hugs me.  After everything that happened to us she was still the selfless woman who will think about the welfare of others before herself and that makes me love her even more.

"It's alright everythings in the fast now we should start again and this time I want us to trust each other more than anyone else. I love you so much Ashley." I told her and didn’t wait for any answer before taking her lips to mine for a long overdue kiss.

"I love you too Kevin." She said between our lips encircling her arms around my neck while I deepened the kiss.

"Before I forgot how did you know that I am here?" She asked puzzled.

"Jeremy called me and told me you were rush here. Are you all right is something happened to you or our baby?" I asked worriedly putting my hand for the first time over her stomach feeling the life inside of her and I felt something move like a kick over my palm like it was greeting me. My heart melt all over again with happiness.

"Is that?" I asked in wonder.

"Yes, our baby maybe he or she knows that you're the father." She smiled joyfully and I felt another kick.

"You said Jeremy sent you here? What is he saying, It was just my monthly check up. Me and the baby were fine." She explained.

"Oh your brother tricked me! I almost had an accident driving just to get as fast as I could to see you." I said thinking of ways to get back to him somehow but also thankful that he did what he did.

"At lease your now here and all things clear up between us." She said and I lean in for another kiss.

Since I was with her for this check up we decided to know the gender of the baby so we can chose a proper name and not call he or her "it", and I will make sure that every doctor's appointment that she will have I will be present because I already missed five months of her pregnancy.

"I cant wait to see our little one."