CHAPTER 28

Ashley's POV

Today's our sixth month anniversary. Kevin and I were on our way to Alan Wong's restaurant for dinner. Our relationship gets better and better each day. We travel together whenever we have free time. He introduced me to his uncle, Mayor Xander who has been very welcoming to me. He and his wife Elena with their son Troy have been very supportive to us.

I top the board exams and has been promoted as an account executive for Barnes and Lewis Investing firm, the sad part was moving out and transferring to another office. It's just one floor above my previous one but it still makes me sad because I have built a strong bond with the girls and Mr Sanchez. My new office was located on the sixth floor, I have my assistant Mrs Miller she's a middle age woman, very efficient and kind. She was like my second mother in the office.

"Babe where here." Kevin announced and helped me exit the car, placing his hand on my lower back and guided me to the restaurant. We were seated and handed a menu. We ordered fish taco and maui kula country farms baby romaine frisee, fennel, endive with anchovy lemon caper dressing for appetizers, shrimp and clam linguine and garlic black pepper keahole lobster with shitake mushroom peanut salsa for the main course, and halo-halo for dessert.

"How about your drinks sir?" The waitress asked flirtatiously eying Kevin and ignoring me. Well I cannot blame her because he looks mouthwatering than the chef's special.

"We'll have passion fruit mojito and tropical colada. That would be all, thank you." He said oblivious of the waitress and handed the menu, she left swaying her hips.

"Every time we go out on a date the girls always go crazy whenever your around. They will do anything just to catch your attention." I commented shaking my head.

"But all my attention was focus for only one woman." He reach for my hand and kiss the back of it. "And no one can compare to her." He grin and squeeze my hand.

The waitress came back with our orders and I notice she was intentionally rubbing her arm on Kevin's while placing the dishes on the table. I cleared my throat and give Kevin a light kick on his leg. He looked at me with a smirk that say "I'm not doing anything" and shrug his shoulders.

"Babe could we go to my place after our dinner, I have another surprise for you there." He said while we're eating dessert.

"I thought this was your surprise for me, you mean there's more?" I asked surprised.

"Well I want to make our half year anniversary special." He said scratching the back of his head.

"Alright, I'm intrigue."

Kevin's POV

I was silent through out our drive to my house, I have been anxious for a week because of this day. I am thinking of asking her to move in with me, I want to wake up every morning and go to bed at night with her by my side. We have been together for six months now and still nothing happened to us besides heavily make out session. There was this instance that we almost done it but there is always something or someone to interrupt the moment.

Is it wrong that I want to be her first? I love her and I think I will not love anyone greater than what I feel for her. I was thinking of doing the deed tonight besides it was our anniversary but how can I tell her? I don't want her to think that I'm not respecting her, I have been controlling my self for months now and cold showers was not effective anymore. My God this thinking is making me crazy.

I prepare something for her on my back yard besides the flowers that I have given to her when I pick her up and the dinner, I have another gift and I hope she'll likes it.

We arrived at my house, I hold her hand and usher her to the side path that lead to my back yard. We stop beside the back door and I flip the light switch to turn on the fairy lights, I set up a blanket with pillows and tell her to sit on it.

I turn on the radio, stands in front of her, take a deep breath and starts singing to the tune of Just the way you are by Bruno Mars.

Oh, her eyes, her eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shinin'
Her hair, her hair
Falls perfectly without her trying
She's so beautiful
And I tell her everyday...

I know I'm not a good singer but for her I will humiliate my self just to see her smile.

I know, I know
When I compliment her she won't believe me
And it's so, it's so
Sad to think that she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me, "Do I look okay?"
I say,

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause, girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are.

I walk beside her and reach for her hand while singing. She was smiling and her eyes had a different glow in it. I know I'm not hitting all the notes perfectly but I hope she appreciates my effort.

Her lips, her lips
I could kiss them all day if she'd let me
Her laugh, her laugh
She hates but I think it's so sexy
She's so beautiful
And I tell her everyday,

Oh you know, you know, you know
I'd never ask you to change
If perfect's what you're searching for
Then just stay the same
So don't even bother asking if you look okay
You know I'll say.

I pull her hand, she is now standing in front of me I put my hands on her waist and sway her slowly to the music while singing the lyrics that was meant for her.

...Cause, girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are...

The song ends, looking straight to her eyes I can see she was delighted I put astray hair on the back of her ear and slide my hand to her chin lifting her face and kiss her passionately.

"I love you so much Ashley, just like the song says I love you just the way you are, I love your hair, your face, your voice, your laughter, your smile, I love everything about you. Please will you move in with me?" I wholeheartedly tell her what I felt for her.

"Oh Kevin! I love you too, yes I want to move in with you." She said happily and hugs me tightly.

"Babe I remember I have another gift for you." I took a small rectangular box on my pocket and handed it to her. She opened it and there sits a 24 carat gold chain with an infinity ring as a pendant.

"Wow it's beautiful, thank you!" She touch the ring with her fingers looking at it intently.

I took the chain and told her to turn her back on me and I put the necklace on her and lock it. I turn her around to face me.

"I know it would look good on you. This is a promise ring that will remained you everyday of my undying love and faithfulness, you are the only woman that I want to spend my life with. I'm not proposing to you now because it's too soon and I know your not ready but know that this ring on your neck is a promise that someday I will." I kissed her forehead down to her nose, cheeks and finally to her luscious lips.

"Babe can you...am uh will you spend the night here?" I asked nervously scratching the back of my head.

"You mean sleep with you?" She asked naughtily, sliding her index finger on my chest down to my abdomen and stops just above my waist band. My breath hitch and I look at her eyes and she's smiling teasingly at me. She knows what she's doing to me.

"Ashley are you teasing me? You naughty girl." I asked her smirking.

"Maybe yes, maybe not." She answered innocently but I can see her eyes glimmer with desire.

"Oh your testing my patience dear, I hope you can run fast because when I get my hands on you you'll be sorry for teasing!" She run away from me but I immediately hold her hand and pull her to me kissing her senseless.