CHAPTER 23

Ashley's POV

I learn how to swim when I was four years old my family's favorite beach destination, Waikiki beach. Papa was a competitive swimmer in his high school and college days. He taught me how to swim it was a great bonding for us because he's always busy at work so he found a common way for the four of us to bond.

Me and Jeremy would race or throw a coin at the bottom of the sea and tried to find it. It was my most treasured memories of my childhood, as I get older and more reserved those moments rarely happened. I have been so self-conscious to go out and enjoy that I didn't realize I was affecting my family members.

As I swim in the water I realize I missed those times where me and Jeremy played on the water or watching Papa and Momma swim and laugh splashing water at each other. I have been scared to the point where I have been selfish. I will not let that happen again.

"Hi sexy!" My train of thoughts was interrupted by Kevin.

"Oh! Hi, I didn't see you there." I replied my face heating up.

"You're so deep in thoughts that you didn't notice a hunk like me." He said playfully smirking.

"Sorry I just remember something. Anyways, what can I do to a hunk like you?" I teased arching my eyebrows.

"I was hopping I can fancy you snorkeling over there" he said pointing his index finger on the right side of the bay.

"Sure, let me just get my snorkeling gear." I said.

"Okay, I'll wait for you here."

While walking I saw Max talking to Lizzy. I hope he realize what he's going to miss if he didn’t notice how beautiful the girl beside him was. I entered our tent, get my things and walk back to Kevin fast.

"I'm back!" I mutter sounding cheerful.

"Good, come on let's go." Kevin holds my hand and stroll the shore to the right side of the bay.

When we reach the spot he help me walk in the water because it's a bit awkward walking with swim fins on. He guide me to the water holding my hand until we reach waist deep.

"I hope we'll see the turtles in this area. It's been a while since I last saw those. Are you ready?" He said facing me.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I answered him smiling.

We swim and snorkel above the rich corals and different fish varieties that this protective sanctuary offers. I miss being in the water, it makes me feel thankful and blessed to have a second life, a second chance to enjoy my life with my family and good friends and explore my surroundings, take pleasure in the beauty of this paradise island that is my home.

We were swimming above the corals when something caught my eye it was a green sea turtle! it was so huge maybe 70cm in diameter, I look at Kevin's direction to see if he saw it too and he signal his thumbs up on me. I can see his eyes smiling under the mask, I was smiling my self specially when the turtle swim to my direction like it was introducing itself to me and I touch the back of its shell. After our water escapade we decided to rest before eating lunch.

"How was your encounter with the turtle?" He asked standing in front of me, I was sitting on the sand. I watch the water from his hair run down to his beautiful face and to his chest all the way to his abs and ends on the waist band of his shorts. My mouth went so dry I could drink all the water in this bay.

"I need some water." I blurt all of a sudden.

"Okay, lets go maybe swimming tire you. Come on." He held out his hand to help me up I hold it and he pull me a little bit hard and I end up slamming my face on his chest.

"Ouch! That hurts... your chest is rock hard." I put my hand above his heart and press it to feel his hard chest.

"I'm sorry are you all right? I didn’t mean to pull you so hard." He asked holding my cheek and caressing it with his fingers. I look up our face inches from each other. I can see concern in his eyes he was looking at my cheek then his attention switch to my lips, I slide my tongue over my parch lower lip to ease its dryness. I felt his thumb stroke the side of my lips. I take in a deep breath when I felt that sweet sensation that his touch was giving me, my whole body craving his touch, the warmth it was giving me.

I could stare all day and all night in those stormy grey eyes and never had a care in the world because being lost in those eyes was all that’s important to me. I am falling so deep for this man and I couldn't stop my self, It was faster than I could handle. I cannot guard my heart for this guy even if I know he will not give a girl like me a second glance.

"I'm okay now come on I'm starving, our swim makes me hungry." I want to get away from his hold it was hard but I need some space. I'm falling so deep that it makes me scared I will drown in my own feelings.

Kevin's POV

I almost kissed her, my God what am I thinking! I'm thankful and disappointed at the same time that it didn't happened, I'm not sure if I'm ready to admit my feelings for her. I need to clear things in my head first before I can propose to her I want to make her first kiss special and I want the guy to be me.

"Kevin can I talk to you for a second." Max approach me with his serious face on.

"Sure bro, what's up?" I think he saw what happend earlier.

"Do you like Ashley? I saw you almost kissed her. What the fuck man! I know we shared a woman or two before but now I'm not letting that happened she's different." He told me furiously, closing his fist until it turns white.

"Max, I'm going to be honest to you cause you deserve it. I like Ashley and I mean in a serious way. I didn't intend to like her too it just happened. Your like a brother to me man and I will do anything for you but in this case if you tell me to back out, I'm sorry but I'm not going to give her up." My heart was pounding so hard on my chest, I don't know if Max will understand but I've said it all and I hope I'm not risking our friendship because of this.

"Do you really like her, or it's just one of your phases?" He said taking another step towards me.

"I've never felt this way before not even with Jen." I look him straight in the eyes to see him looking menacingly at me but when I finish talking I saw his eyes crinkle a little before he smiled. I felt confuse with his reaction shouldn't he be angry at me. I'm his competition.

"I thought you will never realize your true feelings for her. I guest my plan worked." He smiled proudly at me before tapping my back.