CHAPTER 39

Ashley's POV

Morning walks in the park every Saturday and Sunday was my weekly exercise, since my doctor told me that I should lay low on my gym routine because of the extra weight I am carrying and the stress it will cause the baby.

It was enjoyable walking and having to release the tension that I gather during the week. The fresh air and natural view was a big help for may relaxation.

Since Kevin left my parents make sure that I spend my weekends with them may it be just a drop by to have lunch or dinner together. Today I decided to have dinner with them. I haven't got a peaceful sleep last night because this little guy inside my belly was very restless and kept me up all night. I want to spend my afternoon in bed so I will be refresh during dinner.

I was on my way to the house when I had this feeling that I'm being watch not in a creepy way but somehow uncomfortable. I look around but no ones out there so I hurriedly step to open the door, step inside and shut the door locking it.

I was catching my breath when my phone rings, I was startled and drop my purse on the floor. I hurriedly pick it up to get my phone. The caller was my mother. I took a deep breath to calm my self before answering.

"Hi Momma." I answered curtly.

"Hi sweetie, how are you and the baby?" She asked cheerfully.

"I'm okay Momma, just got home from my morning walk. Why did you call?"

"Good, I just call to asked if your coming for lunch?"

I was looking out the window while talking and I saw a car full out near my driveway.

"No, I'll be there for dinner. I didn't have a good night sleep last night so I'll take a nap after lunch."

The side window of the car was half open and a man with a black baseball cap was looking at the direction of my house. I cannot see his face but he look familiar to me somehow.

"Is that so? alright I expect you tonight. I'll cook your favorite seafood faela. See you sweetie, take care."

Momma end the call, I was still watching the man outside he was talking on the phone and after the call he drove off. I was expecting him to get out of the car, I thought he was going here.

After my lunch I set my alarm and take a long nap. I dreamt of Kevin coming home but he was not happy finding out that I was pregnant he don't want the baby,  he said it was not his.

I woke up with the ringing of my alarm and a sweat covered forehead. I get up to take a quick shower and get ready for dinner.

I wore a flowy aqua blue dress which reaches my knee and accentuated my bulging belly and a flat strappy cream sandals. My hair was loose and I put some pink lipstick to add color to my face.

I drove to my parents house thinking of my dream. Kevin didn't know that I'm pregnant but I think he will be happy when he found out about my condition, I hope so.

When I park at my parents drive way there was another car parked beside Papa's car and I didn’t recognize it but it was a high end car which means the owned was loaded. I guess they have a wealthy visitor tonight.

I opened the door and step inside but the living room was empty. I hear voices coming from the dinning room. I was becoming curious of the mystery guest so I make my way to them being careful of my steps. I peak slowly at the door and saw a very beautiful woman who I will not forget who she is after what happened to me and Kevin.

"What is that woman doing here?" I immediately asked my father who was very engrossed to a conversation with Jen. They where smiling like she was his own daughter.

"Ashley you came, come sit with us." My father approach me and held my hand leading me to the table.

"No, I am not eating at the same table with that woman! Don't you know who she is Papa? She is the reason why Kevin and I broke." I know I sounded like a villain but I cannot stomach another second being in the same room with her.

"Calm down honey that's not good for you and the baby." My mother stands beside me and rub my back soothingly.

"Then explain to me why is she here." I told them.

"Because she is my fiancé." Out of nowhere a voice answered.

"What the..." I turn my head to the person who said that and my vision focuses to my big brother Jeremy. I was shock to see him and his announcement.

"What! you and her?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes you heard me right lil sis, she is my fiancé and the baby she is carrying is mine." Jeremy answered and walk in front of me holding out his hand. I hesitated to hold it but I reach out my hand anyway.

"And please don't call her "woman" she is Jen, your future sister in law." Jeremy smiled at me before enveloping me to a gentle hug careful of my baby bump.

Jen stands on her seat and walk to our direction. I caught sight of her bulging belly. It was even bigger than I remember. I let go of my brother to face her.

"Jen I'm sorry about what I said earlier, I didn't know you were Jeremy's fiancé." I apologize sincerely.

"I'm so sorry too, because of me you and Kevin had a misunderstanding. We plant to let you know about us but Jeremy wants to personally introduce me when he visits and it takes too long for this man to go home, it got delayed every time because he was so busy at work. Jeremy talk to Kevin and asked him to keep an eye on me because my pregnancy was very delicate and he knows Kevin was my friend and I trust him. We don't intend to cause trouble with your relationship but we did and I am deeply sorry about that." Jen explained what really happened that day at the clinic she had minor bleeding that's why Kevin left me to attend to her needs.

I feel so guilty knowing the truth. I cause all those heartaches to the both of us because I don't trust him enough to hear what he have to say. If I could only turn the time back I will hear him out and save our selves with this great heartache.