CHAPTER 14

Ashley's POV

It's my first day at work, I'm so excited! Finally I'm entering the world of adults and I hope I'll survive. I woke up early, take a quick shower, blow dry my hair and dressed in a black straight pants, plain light blue botton down shirt and a black coat.

I style my long brown hair in a neat twisted bun and put some light make up on my face. I check myself one more time in the mirror my hazel eyes was glowing and even if I'm not smiling I can see the excitement in them.

I arrived fifteen minutes early and talk to the receptionist for instructions.

"Hi Good morning! I'm Ashley Simpson, I'm the new accounting staff." I greeted her and introduce my self.

"Good morning dear, I'm Rebecca . Have a seat Mr Sanchez will be arriving shortly." She smiled at me warmly, Rebecca is a middle aged woman and she looks to have a bubbly personality.

I have been waiting for ten minutes when Mr Sanchez arrived.

"Good morning Mr Sanchez." I greeted him and shake his hand.

"Good morning Miss Simpson, first day of work and your early, very well. Let's go to your work station, follow me." He said pleasantly at me and I follow.

We ride the elevator to the fifth floor and entered a decent size office, there are six tables inside the room he lead me to the table beside the door with a sign "Accounting Head".

"This will be your permanent work station. You will be the assistant of the Accounting head." He told me.

"Sir, may I know who I will be working with?" I asked him cautiously.

"Oh forgive me. I haven't introduce my self to you properly. I am Mr Levi Sanchez the head of the Accounting Department." He said smiling at me. I was shocked but grateful that I am working closely with him.

"Wow, it was such an honor to be working with you sir." I said gleefully.

"I see potential in you Miss Simpson. I hope you will not fail me."

"Thank you sir, I will do my best." I told him.

Mr Sanchez introduce me to my colleagues. They seemed nice and easy to work with.

"Lizzy will be the one to train you and give you instructions in what your job description will be, she serves as my temporary assistant for a month now. So feel free to asked question to her. Good luck." He said patting my shoulders and left to enter his office.

"So where do we start? Oh, Mr Sanchez likes his coffee black with a teaspoon of sugar and he wants it serve with a plain croissant every morning. So that's the first step you should do before we proceed with other stuff. You can get all the supply on the pantry. Three doors down to the left." Lizzy said animatedly at me.

"Okay. I'll get on to it." I said and exit the office to get coffee.

I was waiting for the coffee maker to finished brewing when a man entered the pantry.

"Good morning." He greeted me smiling. He's good looking, with jet black hair and blue eyes, tall and muscular frame.

But not as handsome and muscular as Kevin... where do that come from?

"Morning." I replied.

"Your new here?" He asked.

"Yeah, first day." I mutter shyly.

"Let me introduce my self, I'm Max Ford from marketing and what's your name beautiful?" He asked me confidently offering his hand for a shake. I felt my cheeks reddened.

"Ashley Simpson from accounting." I said and take his offered hand. His hold in my hand lingered a little.

I heard the coffee maker signal that it was finished so I release his hold on me and pour the liquid in 2 cups, put it in a tray and a croissant.

"I'll go ahead Max, nice to meet you." I said politely.

"My pleasure, see you around beautiful!" He wave me goodbye.

I entered the office and Lizzy approach me.

"Have you met Max there?" She asked me excitedly.

"Yeah, why?" I asked puzzled.

"Isn't he a charmer." She said dreamily with a sigh.

"He's okay." I mutter.

"Are you kidding me! He's the most handsome guy in this company!" She exclaimed. I just shrug my shoulders at her.

After serving Mr Sanchez coffee, Lizzy proceeded teaching me the process of my job from sorting to encoding the file on the computer, managing schedule of Mr Sanchez and his contacts and other duties that were needed in my job.

I was sorting and encoding files and at the end of the day my back ache from sitting too long. I checked the time and it's now 4:50pm.

"Hey girl it's almost time, wanna hang out with us after this?" Beth asked me.

"Sure, where are we going?" I want to know my colleagues so I need to bond with them somehow.

"Just in the coffee shop around the corner. They serve the best latte I'm telling you." She told me.

"Okay count me in." I said and start tidying up my table.

The coffee shop was neat and cozy. Upon entering the aroma of fresh brewed coffee assaulted my nostrils. There were many costumers at the time so we have limited choice where we want to sit.

Tamara, Beth, Anne, Lizzy, and me ordered our coffees and chatted.

"So tell us, do you have a boyfriend?" Tamara asked me. She was a newly grad like me.

"Nope, not ever." I said.

"So in our group only Anne have a glorious love life, how sad!" Beth exclaimed and pout her lips. We laugh at her antics.

I was sipping my latte when a group of men entered the shop. I spotted Kevin first followed by Max and two other guys Peter and Ronny from the gym.

Kevin saw me and waved at me, I wave back and the girls followed where I'm looking and they all looked back at me with questioning looks on there faces.

"What?" I asked them with my brows up.

"Girl you gotta introduce us to those hotties!" Lizzy blurt holding my arms.

"I can't do that his just my gym trainer." I told her.

"Where is that gym? I wanna avail a membership there right now." Beth utter beside me.

"Now I know why Max seems like average to you. Your trainer was way more hotter than him." Tamara said fanning her self.

I just shake my head at them and continue sipping my coffee.

Rush hour was over and there are less people in the shop. Max approach our table.

"What's up ladies, would you mind if we join you?" He asked no one in particular.

"No problem." Tamara answered him smiling sweetly.

"Guys!" Max shout to the others and wave at them. They stand and walk to our table rearrange some tables and chairs to occupy our group.

"Hi Ashley!" Peter and Ronny greeted me at the same time.

"Hello, nice meeting you here." I said.

"Guys you know her?" Max asked.

"Yeah, I'm her trainer at the gym." Kevin answered.

"Oh, so she was the one your telling me last time. Now I believed you bro she's gorgeous. Aww!" Max exclaimed painfully.

"Sorry bro my foot slip ." Kevin said to him smirking.