CHAPTER 8

Since I was a kid I was fascinated about riding a bike, the speed and the feeling of air blowing on your face, but Momma didn't bought one for me because she is too scared that I might fall and get hurt.

I woke up one morning and all I can think of is, "I want to learn how to ride a bike!"

That's why I'm here at a bike store today to fulfill the first step of my dream... I need to buy a bike. I didn't know it's a bit difficult, there was so many styles and types of bikes for every need. I settle for the road bike that is durable and suitable for a beginner like me.

Next step is to learn how to ride. I search the all time friendly Google and YouTube for millions of articles and videos on "how to's" and when I'm fed up with tips and I have formulated my own strategy I decided that it is time to start my very own training.

I feel silly and nervous but who cares! I want to learn and I'll do it. I promised this to myself so I will go for it.

There is a park near my apartment and it is the best place where I could practice. I walk my way to a wide and vacant area.

Next I lower the seat of my bike so that I can seat on the saddle with both my feet resting completely on the ground.

I put my right foot on the pedal and used my other foot to scoot along and push the bike so it will glide slowly with one foot on the pedal.

Feeling myself glide and slide slowly was terrifying and weird but at the same time it is satisfying.

I practice gliding for thirty minutes and when I feel that I'm used to balancing and using the brakes I think it is time for the next step.

I look ahead, put my left foot on the pedal making sure that it is on a two o'clock position, my right foot firmly on the ground and take a deep breath before pushing my left foot hard on the pedal to gain momentum and add my other foot and start pedaling.

One, two, three, four...

"Ouch, Damn it!" I had my first fall and scrape my knee.

"I didn't know it was hard to learn how to ride a bike." I said out loud, examining my injured knee.

But I won't give up! I thought with conviction and stand up to repeat the steps. After four hours, three falls and two bruises I finally did it. I can ride a bike!

I practice pedaling circles around the park. My legs and arms hurt, the scrape I got will surely leave a mark on my knee, the bruises will ache and my jaw got numb due to non stop smiling. I'm so happy!

I accomplished something today and I'm proud of myself. I want to give myself a tap on the back and say "Good job girl"

I have been ridding circle along the park when I spotted a familiar light brown long haired man sitting on a bench with a woman beside him, Kevin. This is not the same girl who slap him last time, his arms was around her shoulders and the other was playing with her hair.

The woman stare at his face and he captured her chin with his left hand and moved his face closer to her. Their lips meet on the center and shared a very passionate kiss. I looked away, I feel uncomfortable watching them.

I continue to drive along the road to my house, soon it will get dark and I want to go home. I can't take the image of Kevin kissing that girl.

"He has a girlfriend...what a waste." I said and take a deep sigh. I must bear in mind that his taken and off limits.

I was sitting in the sofa watching tv when I heard a knock on the door.

"Coming." I stand up and opened it.

"Hi Ashley." Kevin greeted me.

"Kevin, what are you doing here?" I asked, I was shock to see him. I wonder why his here.

"Can I come in first?" He said.

"Oh! Sorry, come have a sit. I'm surprised, what brings you here?" I opened the door wider. I sit beside him putting a good distance away without invading our personal space.

"I just want to tell you something that's all." He utter looking at me intensely.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I like you Ashley." He blurted out. My heart skips a bit when I heard what he said. I repeat it in my mind and remembered what I saw earlier.

"But I saw you kissing another woman earlier." I told him.

"It's not what you think, you were all I want." He pulled me beside him.

"Kevin what..." he put his fingers on my lips to stop what I'm about to say.

"Shhh...just look at me." He said caressing my face with his fingers, his hands was running down my cheeks to my neck. I was mesmerize by his grey eyes.

My body shiver with his touch, then his hand captured my chin he was staring at me with those expressive eyes while his face was getting closer and closer to me his lips captured mine. He kissed me slowly like my lips are very fragile and will break in the slightest pressure, I kissed him back and feel my whole body burn with passion that I have never experience before.

So this is how it feels to be kissed, it was wonderful.

I woke up on the sofa and looked at my surroundings. The tv was still on and I'm still wearing my clothes from yesterday.

"It was just a dream." I thought out loud and recall my peculiar dream, maybe I'm just thinking too hard of what I saw on the park that is why I had that dream.