CHAPTER 21

Ashley's POV

"Girls I need a favor can you go swimwear shopping with me, I don't have any for our trip on Saturday." I asked no one in particular during our break. I really need to go to the mall and find something. I don't want to go swimming in my t-shirt and shorts that will be a huge turn off.

"No problem, will go right after office hours. I'll help you find a flattering outfit that will make Kevin droll when he sees you." Beth chimes in.

"Or Max." Lizzy mutter frustrated.

"No don't say that Lizzy, you'll never know what's gonna happen on Saturday maybe that will be your day." I assure her, she's really impatient when it comes to Max.

"You really don't have a clue do you Ashley? He was all over you at the club. It's all clear to me now that he has a thing for you. You're such a lucky girl, two hunky guys going crazy over you." Lizzy said sagging her shoulders feeling defeated.

"Aaw...Lizzy! Don't get so hang up with those guys there is plenty out there. A woman as cute and pretty as you will have guys crazy over her in no time." Tamara stands on her seat and hugs Lizzy from the back.

"Lizzy Don't think about it too much, I don't have any feelings for Max he's like a brother to me and you know who's the special one for me." I reach for her hand and squeezes it.

"Lizzy we'll get you a nice swimsuit later, don't frown now. Okay?" Anne said giving Lizzy a reassuring smile.

"Alright I'm not gonna frown now, I'll get wrinkles on my face." She said beaming like a 5 year old. It's a wonder how she can change her mood very suddenly.

"Yeah, that's right girl co'z frowning doesn't suit an energetic girl like you." I beam at her and continue sipping my green iced tea.

After work we immediately drive to the mall and go straight to the woman's clothes section. The girls urgently pick up swimwear for me and Lizzy to choose. Black, red, yellow, green, aqua and even leopard printed swimsuit was offered to me, may it be two piece or one piece swimsuits.

"Here try this, black will make your skin glow under the sun." Beth hand me a black one piece swimsuit with a sweetheart neckline, the waist has a silhouette lace pattern.

I tried it on, the neckline was so deep I don't feel comfortable wearing it.

"Can I see it?" She asked outside the fitting room door. I open it slightly for her.

"I don't feel comfortable with the neckline, it's too revealing." I told her.

"I think that will make the boys droll over you but if you're not okay with it then I'll asked the girls if they found anything just wait here." She said and hurriedly walk to where the others was.

"How about this one?" I didn't wait long, Tamara knocked on the door and hand me a tube type one piece red swimsuit.

I put it on and it doesn't look flattering on my figure. She peak at the door and disappointedly shake her head no.

I tried swimsuit after swimsuit until I lost count after an hour inside the fitting room I want to give up!

"Ashley I swear this will be the last swimsuit you'll ever wear for today. This is really the one." Beth emphasized the word and pleaded for me to go back inside the fitting room.

"Alright this will be the last I cannot take it anymore I'm tired already." I told her and she just quietly nod at me smiling helplessly.

I inspect the garment, it was a two piece navy blue crochet tank that is sheer around the midriff and a high waist bikini. The back was low to show off a tasteful bit of skin.

The fabric was smooth to the skin and not itchy. I love how it accentuated my curvy body. The neckline was not so low and I still feel sexy wearing it. It's definitely the one!

"Wow that looks good on you!" She claps her hand excitedly.

"Yeah, this is the one." I turn around and look my self in the mirror one more time.

After paying our purchase we decided to have dinner at a nearby restaurant. I ordered shrimp marinara and white wine.

I finished my meal and excuse my self to go to the restroom. I was facing the mirror fixing my hair when an old lady stands beside me. She was washing her hands on the sink when our eyes meet on the mirror. She looks intently at me like she is trying to decode something while looking at me.

I feel weird all of a sudden and a shiver run down my spine. I cannot take my eye off her it was like I am mesmerized or hypnotized rather. She breaks our eye contact and faced me.

"Child I saw something bad happened to you and you overcome those things. You are a fighter, a brave soul with a pure heart. A rare piece of gem waiting to be shaped and polished. You're having dreams about a man and you are wondering why." She looks me in the eye and holds my hands firmly. I was creeped out by what she's saying but cannot utter a word or move a muscle I just listened to every word she said and instill it in my mind.

"He is a part of your pass life, your souls are related to each other. He is a part of you as well as you are to him. This man may break your heart or completes it so be very careful." She continues. She grins at me and pats my hands before leaving.

I was shell shock hearing her words. How did she know all of those things?! she's talking about my dreams with Kevin.

I still haven't recovered with what happened when I told the girls about it. They were surprised and creep out just like me.

"You know Ashley I think she's right, you and Kevin are soulmates and that makes Max and me meant to be!" Lizzy exclaims excitedly.

I just shake my head at her while laughing. She really had a way with words.