CHAPTER 18

Kevin's POV

"I don't know with you man but I like her and I'm telling you I'm doing whatever it takes just to make her mine." Max said, me and the guys are having drinks and their topic well woman again.

"So your serious about her this time, she's not one of your "conquest to conquer"?" Peter asked.

"Yeah man, she's different and special I think I found the girl who will end my womanizing days." Max said he looked at me and smiled. I was late and that's all I heard from their conversation.

"What is this I'm hearing? Who is this lucky girl who capture the heart of Mr Maxon Ford?" I tap my best friends back. I feel happy that he finally found "THE GIRL" as we always refer to.

"It was Ashley man, who would have thought our Max was going to fall for her charms." Ronny said putting his arm on Max's shoulder smiling at me.

My heart did a flip just hearing her name. I felt a surge of protectiveness knowing that Max has feelings for her.

"Are you serious bro? Ashley's different she's innocent, not like the girls you dated before." I asked him, I need assurance that his not going to hurt her.

"That's what's make her special. She's pure, beautiful and kind the qualities that I was looking for a woman." Max said excitedly.

"Good luck bro, she's a good catch!" Peter gives Max a man hug.

"Are we gonna drink or what?" I asked them. I want to change the topic, I was getting annoyed and I don't know why.

"Alright this rounds on me man!" Max shout.

"Guys I have an idea, I'll invite Ashley and the girls tomorrow night we'll go to the bar to have some drinks and I will start to woo Ashley." Max said.

Why do I feel uncomfortable hearing him say that.

Ashley's POV

Working on the firm and studying for the licensure exam can be very tough specially when I know my family is expecting a positive outcome from me. The pressure is getting on my nerves.

This morning I do my usual routine preparing Mr Sanchez coffee and croissant for breakfast, Sorting, encoding and checking files. It was almost lunch break but I'm still not done checking papers Mr Sanchez needed for his presentation at two o'clock.

"Girls, come on! Let's have lunch together." Beth called everyone, they all stands up on their seat and get ready.

"How about you Ashley, aren't you gonna join us?" Lizzy asked me when she sees that I'm still busy typing on my computer.

"I'll just have a late lunch, Mr Sanchez needs this. Go ahead, I'll finish this first." I smiled at her.

"If that's what you want. Well be at the Barn's if you change your mind." She said and exit the door.

"Come on Ashley just one page left, you can do it." I was talking to my self when someone knocks on the door.

"Come in." Who could it be?

"Hi, I saw the girls on the elevator and they said you were left here all alone in the office so I thought I'll take my chance and invite you to lunch. If you're finish with that." Max entered the room and point his index finder on my computer.

"If you can wait for ten minutes, I'll agree to have lunch with you.” I told him while typing.

"Okay, you know I'm a very patient man." He said smirking. He grab a chair and place it in front of my table. Max sat patiently while I type on the computer. I glance at him and saw him tapping his fingers on the desks and looking at the family picture on my desk.

"So you have a brother, he looks familiar." He said while looking at the picture.

"He's Jeremy my older brother. He used to go to the gym, he is an engineer now in London."

"Yeah I remember him, the football player, tall, buff guy. Are you done yet?" He asked.

"Yes, I'll just save this."

"Thank God, I'm starving already." He said rubbing his tummy.

We were walking on the street to the restaurant, Max was holding my hand. I don't feel that familiar shiver like when Kevin was holding me. It feels like I'm holding the hand of my brother. He was such a gentleman opening the door for me and assisting me to my seat first before he take his.

"Are you free tonight?" He suddenly asked.

"I don't have any plans, why?" I replied.

"Why don't we go out have some drinks tonight with the girls and our gym buddies."

"Okay, count me in." I agreed.

After our lunch Max walk me to the office.

"It was nice having lunch with you. Thank you." I said kissing Max's right cheek.

"We can have lunch everyday if you want." He said smirking.

"I'll think about it." I watch his expression fell.

"Of course I would like a lunch buddy, specially a hunk like you." I said laughing at his face.

"Why you! give me a hug. Don't you ever do that again." He said and I hug him.

"Thank you Max for always making me smile you're such a wonderful friend." I hug him tighter.

"Of course a wonderful woman deserves a wonderful hunk like me. Good luck on your board exam, next month right?"

"Yeah, I can feel the pressure already." I mutter sighing.

"Hey, don't worry too much. I know you can pass, just believe in your self. Alright I have to go my boss will kick my ass if I'm late again." He kissed my cheek and wave goodbye.

I entered the office and everyone was looking at me.

"You! Tell me the truth are you and Max together?" Lizzy accusingly asked me.

I was startled at her and when I get over my initial shock I burst out laughing at her reaction. She raised her eyebrows at me.

"Lizzy your so funny sometimes, what made you think that I have a thing for Max? He was like a brother to me." I told her still laughing at her face, she was pissed off at me now her hands on her hips.

"I'm just clearing things up because I really like Max and I can't let you steal him away from me. Are you sure you don't like him?" She asked giving me the stinky eyes.

"Don't worry he's all yours co'z I have my eyes on another guy. Before I forgot Max invites us to have drinks tonight with our gym buddies." I looked at them waiting for a reply.

"I'm in!" Tamara and Anne said in unison.

"Me too, Let's party!" Beth shout fist bumping the air.

"Lizzy, how about you?" I smile at her.

"Okay I'm in! just promise me you will help me with Max." She said and hugs me.