CHAPTER 33

Ashley's POV

I stir in my sleep and quickly get up to go to the bathroom and throw up all the Chinese take out I consumed from last night. I was puking my heart out when I felt someone fix my hair away from my face and rub my back while I spit the bitter taste in my mouth.

"Babe are you all right? Maybe we should go to the doctor I notice your looking pale and always throwing up. You need to be checked." Kevin kneel beside me and assist me while I heave.

"I already visit a doctor she says it's stomach flu and prescribed some medications. I should feel better in the coming days." I lied, I'm not yet ready to tell him the news, I want to have my check up first.

"Are you sure? I'm staying today and take care of you. I'll just make some calls and cancel my meetings today  while you wash okay." He said and walk away.

I want to protest and say he don't have to bother because today's my doctor's appointment. Now how can I leave the house without him knowing where I'm off to? Agh...

I wash my face and brush my teeth before exiting the bathroom. Kevin was sitting on his side of the bed legs stretched, when he saw me he smile weakly and signal for me to come and lay beside him. I give in and sit beside him leaning my head on his shoulder.
He intertwine our fingers and give it a little squeeze before speaking.

"I'm sorry I was so busy this past week that we were not able to see each other. This really happens whenever I open a new branch, I have to focus and monitor the operation and accounting for months and when I see that it's doing well I promised I will make it up to you. You know I missed you always but we have to make some sacrifices because this is for our future always remember that." He give my forehead a lingering kiss before standing up.

"I'll be in the kitchen if you need anything, I will cook some soup for you. Okay, just rest here, I love you." He said looking into my eyes before giving me a chaste kiss on the lips and walk away.

I decided to take a quick nap it's still early and my appointment was scheduled after lunch.

I was awoken by a gentle tap on my shoulder and the sound of Kevin's deep soothing voice.

"Babe your soup is ready, here I'll spoon feed you. Sit up so you can eat comfortably." He help me get up and fix the pillows on my back for support.

The bowl of soup was almost finished when his phone rings. He ignored it and let me finish the soup first before answering the call.

"You mean now? Okay I'm coming I'll be there in thirty. Bye!" I heard him say before ending the call.

"Babe I need to go, something came up but I promised I'll be home as soon as the issue was settled okay. Just rest here, there is left over soup in the kitchen if you want another bowl just heat it in the microwave.

"Okay, thank you for taking care of me Kevin."

"You don't have to thank me Ashley, it is my duty to take care of you and protect you because your very important to me. I love you babe always remember that." He kissed me passionately before leaving.

My hand instantly went to my lips I can still feel the warmth of his lips on mine, maybe everything's gonna be alright. I remember my appointment and check the time it is now eleven thirty so I get up and get my self ready.

I drive to the clinic and waited for several minutes before my name was called. I'm so nervous, my hands was shaking. A nurse assist me to a private room and told me to wear a hospital gown and take off my pants and underwear. She instruct me to lay down a narrow bed, beside it was an ultrasound machine.

I waited impatiently staring at the white ceiling. Finally someone entered the room and greeted me.

"Good day Miss... Ashley Simpson. I'm Doctor Vivian Simon, How are you feeling today?" The middle aged doctor greeted me, she was a tall, slender woman wearing eye glasses. She smiled pleasantly while holding a clipboard in her left hand and a ballpen on the other.

"Ahm...Nervous I guess." I said meekly.

"Don't worry I'll take care of you, so base on your record your two months delayed and have taken pregnancy test which is positive. Now I will perform transvaginal ultrasound to know how long have you been and when is your due." She explained.

The procedure was a little bit awkward and uncomfortable.

"If you look at the screen you can see this little circle here and inside that part moving was your baby. He or she is 10 weeks old now, perfectly healthy. Do you want to hear it's heartbeat?" My eyes was transfix on the monitor where I can see it's tiny hands and feet like parts moving. It still doesn't have the complete features of a grown baby but that was my baby. My heart swell with joy and a tear slide down my cheek.

"Yes please, I want to hear it's heart beat." I answered then the most beautiful sound I have ever heard in my entire life played on the speakers and field the room. A fast beating sound that I could listened to forever.

The waterworks was flowing freely now on my cheeks and I don't know how to stop it. I cannot explain in words how much happiness I was feeling right at this very moment. She print a picture of my baby and handed it to me. I stare at it for a moment before fixing my clothes and sitting on the chair in front of the table. She prescribed some vitamins for the baby and medicine for my nausea then I'm good to go.

As I exit the room I feel like I'm walking on the clouds but that feeling evaporates when I saw Kevin entering the clinic holding hands with Jen who was obviously pregnant nursing a little baby bump. She looks blooming smiling happily as I see them.

Kevin saw me and he stiffens. I didn't hide the hurt that I felt and run out the door to where my car was parked. He lied! I knew it. How could he do this to me! Oh God why now!

I can hear Kevin calling my name while I opened my car door. He reach me as I entered my car, I slam the door and lock it.

"Babe, please open the door." He said knocking briskly on the window.

I bury my face in my hands and take a deep breath to stop my tears from falling but it didn’t help. A sob escaped my throat and I cry out screaming.

"Babe please it's not what you think, please calm down and open the door." I ignore him, I didn't say anything and starts the engine of my car and drove away, far away from him.