CHAPTER 19

Kevin's POV

I can feel my chess pounding with the beat of the music. The air reek with sweat, alcohol and arousal rolled into one, sweaty bodies grinding, dancing to the music. The crowd talking, laughing mix with the loud music.

My eyes scan the mob, Peter was at the bar ordering drinks, Max office mates was with Ronny siting on the table. I make my way through the dancing crowd occasionally stopping for some acquaintances greeting me. I think I saw an ex or two. This will be a wild night.

"Kevin my man! come sit." Ronny gave me a man hug and tap my back.

I look at the girls, they were all pretty attractive. Beth was wearing a magenta halter dress, she is the Latina sirene in the group. Lizzy is the cute petite girl with a bouncy curly hair. Tamara the athletic type, lean frame and long legs and Anne she's the beauty queen type, graceful and proper.

"Hi ladies! Good to see you again." I greeted them and gave my megawatt smile.

"Hi Mr Knight!" They said in unison. Tamara flirtatiously flip her hair while eying my toes up to my face.

"Please don't be so formal, just call me Kevin ladies." I told them and take my seat next to Peter on the opposite side of the table.

"Where are the others?" I asked referring to Max and Ashley.

"Max is in the rest room and Ashley is running a bit late but she texted me and she's on her way." Lizzy energetically replied, I wonder if she ever get tired.

"Alright guys here's our drink!" Peter said holding a bottle of martini.

"Don't forget about me!" Max shouts and sits between Anne and Lizzy.

We had two rounds of shots, chatting and swaying to the music enjoying each others company.

"Guys I'm so sorry I'm late!" I heard Ashley shouts through the loud music.

I turn my head to have a good look at her, she was wearing a black and white side pleat colorblock sheath dress and a four inch strappy sandals. Her hair was curled on the tips and a smoke eye make up.

My breath hitch when I looked at her as if everything in the club halt when my eyes scan her beautiful face. She was looking at everyone except me. Smiling and greeting giving hugs but I was just sitting on the corner looking at this gorgeous woman before me.

She turns in my direction and smiled. My vision zooms in on her cherry colored lips, how tempting it is to lavish my self with the sweet taste of that mouth of hers.

"Hi Kevin." She said and hold my arm. I jerk a little, I was burnt by her touch.

"Are you okay?" She asked drawing her eyebrows together in a concerned look.

"Yeah I'm fine. Come on sit." I offered the chair beside me.

Ashley was sited in between me and Max. The martini was almost empty and I can feel the buzz of alcohol in my system. The ladies move shamelessly, wiggling there hips in a flattering way on the dance floor.

Max stands on his seat and approach Ashley, she welcomes him with a hug and laughs at something he said. They dance in perfect sync his hands were resting on her waist and slides dangerously low on the small of her back just above her butt. She was so into dancing to notice that Max was taking advantage of the situation. I was watching his every move, I know my friend and he can be out of control sometimes.

I want to go out there and snatch Ashley away from him, it doesn't feel right just watching them. I stand on my seat and made my way to their direction when someone holds my arm and stops my strides.

"Hi Knight, fancy meeting you here." Cloe, one of the girls I've dated before purred in my ear. She looks into my eyes flattering her eye lashes trying to look sexy.

On a regular basis I would flirt with her have some drinks and bed her but tonight I don't feel her almost barely there outfit tempting. In fact I was wondering why I ever think that she is attractive at all.

"I'm sorry Cloe, I don't want to be rude to you but not now. I don't have time." I utter distastefully at her looking at the couple still dancing like it was the last time that they'll dance with each other.

"Oh how sad, I miss those days when you're warming up my bed. Is she the reason why your rejecting me now?" She murmur hands moving smoothly on my chess.

"No, goodbye Cloe." I told her sternly.

"Wait! I have something to tell you." She turn me around and put her hands on my shoulders, tiptoe and whisper in my ear. "She's back."

I was stun and bolt away from her. I walk to the rest room to calm my self leaving Cloe.

She's back! I certainty know who she's referring too. The girl I tried hard to forget and now she's back. I wash my face with cold water to clear my mind. She's in the past and long forgotten, I've already moved on.

Exiting the restroom I walk pass Max.

"Bro I was looking for you, my mom called and something came up. I need to go." He said hurriedly.

"Are you all right? I can come with you." I asked alarmed about the situation.

"Don't worry man, I can handle it. Just take care of Ashley for me will you." He mutter leaving me in the hall way.

I walk my way to our table to look for Ashley, she was still on the dance floor dancing. It's good to see her like this carefree and enjoying her self. I was about to get another drink when a group of men approach her engage her to a conversation and dance with her. I can see the discomfort in her face.

"Here's your drink sir." The bartender said. I pick up the glass and hastily made my way to her.

"Wanna hangout with us for a while? our table is just over there." A blond guy drunkenly speaks to Ashley.

"Babe! sorry I took so long to get you a drink." I block the guy talking to Ashley and put my hand in the small of her back and pull her closer to me.

Blond guy stares at me and I straighten my back to look taller and stare menacingly at him. I was five inches taller than him, I stand six feet three inches tall.

He back off, I focus my attention to this vixen in my arms and looked at her face.

"Are you okay babe?" I asked her smirking.

"Yes, thank you Mr Knight ." She was smiling shyly at me.

"Next time don't wonder around without me, okay babe?" I was teasing her I can't believe I was doing this.

"Yes Mr Knight, from now on I'll stay by your side." She said looking seductively in my eyes and slides her hand oh so slowly from my chess to my shoulders and rest it around my neck.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Song for this CHAPTER

You and me by Lifehouse