Chapter 5: Mom what?

Did you ever have that part of your life where you thought everything is going great but then something happens and it just feels like all life is sucked out of you? Like you're suffocated about the things that are happening to you and you feel like you can't do anything about it at the moment?

Well, that's exactly what I'm feeling right now. As much as I want to be happy and for things to be fine, life just doesn't seem to be on my side right now because all it seems to do is somehow make everything worse.

As we were on our way to the hospital, I can't help but think all about those negative what ifs that are occupying my mind. We have already called Mom and Dad and told them about what happened to Zyljan. They were pretty stupefied by the fact of how Zyljan was able to get out of the house when they clearly told the guards or any of the staff not to let any of us get out. Of course, this is news to Aiden and I since we didn't know Mom and Dad ordered the staff to keep an eye on us.

We argued about that little detail too.

Needless to say, Aiden was pretty pissed off when he knew what our parents said. We are obedient children — that is no hidden fact — but just like any other people, we have our limits too.

The girl that came to the house to inform us of the state Zyljan is in is leading us to his room, the distraught expression she has still not gone from her face. Her eyes holds a sadness that she is trying so hard to suppress. We still don't have a clue though of who she is. All we got from her was, "I'm a friend."

How would we know who she is by that single information?

If that is even an information.

Mom and Dad came running towards us by the time I was about to twist the door knob. Mom's eyes are puffy and swollen while Dad just looks tired and worried about the incident. They looked at us worriedly as Mom rushed over to me and cupped my cheek. "Are you alright dear?" She asked and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm fine, Mom. Aiden and I weren't even part of the accident." I replied and she just looked at me with worry in her eyes.

"What happened?" Dad asked and we just looked at the girl who came to the house, expecting her to answer the question.

She bit her lip and said, "I don't know exactly. It was all happening so fast."

Aiden and I looked at each other while Mom kept crying beside me. Dad had a thoughtful look on his face as he told me to open the door.

And so I did.

I swung the door open of Zyljan's room. The first thing I saw was the white walls all around the room and the vase of flowers standing on the table. Then, I saw the nurse and a busted up Zyljan lying on the bed.

If I'm being brutally honest, he looks really bad. No, scratch that; he looks terrible. His face have gushes all over it and I can see that some part of his forehead have somehow bled; it stopped now though because of the bandage above the wound. His arms and legs have cuts that are clearly still fresh because of the redness it shows on his skin.

Oh God, what happened to you, Zyljan?

I walked deeper into the room and saw him look at me, the mischievousness glint in his eyes still not faltering even a little. He gave me a smirk as I ran towards him.

I glared at him. "What the hell were you thinking? What even happened? Are you really that stupid?"

Aiden was the next one to come in and he just punched Zyljan in the stomach as he looked at him with a glare. Zyljan groaned in pain while I gaped at Aiden.

What the hell?

"Sir, please do not punch the patient. He is still not well and I advise you to please not make it any worse." The nurse admonishes Aiden but he only glared at her, making the nurse squirm uncomfortably beside me. He returned his gaze to Zyljan and punched him again.