Chapter 27: Treacherous Girlfriend

Monday came way too fast for my liking. After all, it was expected since the weekend just have two days for us students to enjoy. Saturday was, well, not what I expected to say the least. Sapphire was really direct about what she wanted and why she suddenly told me all those things, despite the tangible hesitation I have about trusting what she just said. Right after she asked me that stupefying question about her and I being sisters, I obviously didn't know what to say. I was ready to utter the words, 'what?' again and again but after awhile, she sputtered laughing and told me that she just had to see my reaction.

I don't think being around her mother everyday has made her sane.

But of course, who am I to judge when I don't even know what her life's like at her house? Hell, I don't even know how her own mother treats her.

Speaking of mothers, Aiden and I still haven't told Mom about our wishes of her not throwing the both of us an extravagant birthday party. I don't think there would be time to tell her now, considering how it's only just a week away. And another thing about mothers, I still haven't told Sophie and Stacy what I found out about their aunt. I don't want them to feel something bad for the woman that are basically like their second mom.

I sighed as I plopped down beside Chase at the library. He offered me a small smile when he looked up from the book he was reading. "Hey teddy bear." He greeted.

I released a sigh once again as I hit my head on the table — well, on Chase's arm actually — disregarding the alarm on Chase's face as he took in what I was about to do and his arm instantly resting on the table as he tried to lessen the damage I would have done to my forehead. This guy have great reflexes. "I'm a terrible friend." I mumbled.

I didn't have to look up and see his face to know that his eyebrows are furrowed in confusion as he looked at the blob of hair sprawled on the table and on his arm. "What do you mean?" He asked, curiosity lacing in his voice. "You're a great friend."

"Thanks, for that wonderful statement." I said dryly. I lifted my head and looked at Chase in the eye. "I still haven't told Sophie and Stacy about their aunt."

His brows furrowed again. "But you did tell them about those other things Sapphire told you, right?"

I nodded my head. "Right but I kind of left out that little detail of who ratted out our real identity to the whole school." I said. "Not that you would know considering how you weren't there yesterday."

When I told all of them yesterday what Sapphire told me — minus the part where she asked what I would say if we're sisters — they were pretty stupefied about what they knew, considering how all they could do was just look at me with alarmed eyes and wary stances. When Sophie and Stacy went home together because of a family dinner they were about to have later that evening, I immediately told the rest of them what I knew about Principal Thompson.

He gave me sheepish smile. "Sorry teddy bear, something important just came up. My parents wanted to see me."

Speaking of. . . "Hey, about that. Aiden kind of told me something at the night Zyljan and Alyssa's engagement party. You know, when he dragged me outside?" I said and saw his eyes become guarded. How very odd.

"And? What did he say?" He asked, peering at me in curiosity.

"Well he mentioned something about your parents pressuring you into something?" I replied, and watched as his eyes become even more guarded. "What does he me—"

"It's nothing." He cut me off and sent me a wary smile. "Seriously teddy bear, it's nothing. Don't worry about it."

I narrowed my eyes at him. Something is so not right here. "But Cha—"