Chapter 10: The Rooftop

After that awkward moment of the others just staring at Chase and I after he greeted Hannah a happy birthday, we ate and decided to play Never Have I Ever once again — the game we always play whenever we go to the house I bought a few months ago. We still hang out at the house most of the time, especially when we are bored off our minds and have nothing else to do.

When Hannah, Drake, Stacy, and Sophie found out about the truth I kept from them for two years, they really had a lot of questions in store for me. They asked me why I had to move to Canberra — which I still don't know the answer to, of course — why I had to wear a disguise and many other things. By the time they got to the part about where I really lived and why the house is not as homey as other homes, I told them that I just bought the house for show.

They laughed at my face then.

They told me I was being completely silly for buying a house that has no absolute use, except for hiding my real identity.

I felt completely stupid when they told me that, by the way, because I realized that I was in fact being silly by being a new house just to keep up appearances.

Some great friends I have here, I tell you. Not.

"Who wants to go first?" Drake asked, as we sat cross-legged on Hannah's living room floor. I sat in between Chase and Paige as the others kept bringing in bottles of alcohol in the middle of the circle we made.

Oh how they surely enjoy drinking alcohol. At this rate, I'm pretty sure we're all going to have cancer judging by the amount of alcohol intake we all make.

Shane suddenly stood up and said, "Wait! Before we all get drunk and I completely forget that I have something planned, I need you guys to help me with something."

Stacy, Ian, Dylan and I looked at each other knowingly, while the others just looked at each other in wonder.

Remember when Shane asked me to help him what to get for Hannah's birthday and how Ian, Stacy, and Dylan were there with us? Well we kind of told Shane a lot of things on what to get for Hannah's birthday. And since he wanted it to be a surprise, well, a surprise it is.

Stacy and I were about to tell the others of Shane's plan but he begged and pleaded us not to because they would only tease him to no end, knowing that he would never hear the end of it. Before Stacy and I agreed to keep it to ourselves, we told him to run around the school in nothing but his underwear and keep chanting the words, "I'm gay."

We're bad friends, I know.

Needless to say, everyone ended up laughing their butts off, including Hannah. Shane pretty much declared he hates us for life after that little incident. Ian and Dylan didn't even put it behind them as we planned for the surprise Shane is going to make for Hannah.

The others and I followed Shane to the stairs we will take to get to the rooftop, but not before blindfolding Hannah and letting her stay in the kitchen for awhile as we instructed the others on what they're going to do. Paige was pretty much glaring at Shane the whole time he was talking because of the fact that he didn't go to Paige for help.

The girl is obsessed with gifts and surprises, I tell you. If she can live in a world where her life is filled with gifts and surprises, she'll probably choose that over her life now.

Kidding, she actually won't. I asked.

But of course, I know she'd pick gifts and surprises any day over anything. She probably just said that to make me feel better.

Not that it did.

Okay, maybe a little but still.

"Okay, Amber, go to the rooftop first and make sure everything is in order." Shane told me and I nodded my head while giving him a mock salute right after.