Chapter 52: Three Is A Charm

The past few days was pretty much a blur. I couldn't even think clearly and the only thought that plagued my mind is the confrontation Aiden and I had with our parents — well, adoptive parents that is. Even when they tried to reach out and try to talk to the both of us, Aiden and I can still find a way to avoid or refuse their approach and they would eventually just stop.

The cycle just goes round and round.

The news reached to both Mom and Dad's siblings and to say that they were shell-shocked would be, well, not an understatement. It was exactly just that and the reason they were rendered speechless was not even the fact of how Aiden and I are just adopted and not a Lee; no, the reason they were shocked was of the way Aiden and I found out the truth. The sting of betrayal was once again renewed when they told me that they all knew from the start. I was merely calm throughout the whole ordeal but I can't really say the same for Aiden.

"What?" Aiden fumed. "You all knew too?"

Aunt Barbara stayed quiet in her place as Aiden narrowed his eyes at them. With a sigh and remorse filling his eyes, Uncle Thomas said, "We wanted to tell both of you, Aiden. Trust me, we really wanted to but James and Eliza asked us not to do such a thing." He sighed. "At first we really detested the fact that they accepted the both of youa Calbie." Uncle Thomas scoffed just as Uncle Max snorted in his place. "But as time passed, we all grew to adore the both of you. How could we not? You were both so adorable."

"Especially when the both of you were already toddlers." Aunt Carrie said with a smile. "It's simply a beautiful sight to see."

Despite all the things they said, only one question remained in my mind the most. So with furrowed eyebrows and a questioning look on my place, I said, "I still don't understand one thing though." They all looked at me with raised eyebrows. "How did we end up on the Lees's arms?"

"Did the cruel bitch—"

"Aiden!" Aunt Barbara and Aunt Carrie chastised in unison, Uncle Max and Uncle Thomas chuckling as their eyes glinted with mirth.

Even I had to laugh at that.

But, Aiden being Aiden, ignored the reprimand Aunt Barbara and Aunt Carrie just did. "—not like us enough to keep us in her hellhole?"

"Aiden, seriously." Aunt Barbara glared at him. "Watch your language."

"I know what you're doing." Aiden replied, narrowing his eyes back at her. "Don't think I don't know what you're doing."

Aunt Barbara instantly looked at him with an ingenuous expression on her face. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Looking over at the both of them with amusement, I crossed my arms and leaned back on the couch as Aunt Carrie, Uncle Thomas and Uncle Max chuckled silently in their places. "I think we all know here what Aiden meant by his prior statement." I said, Aunt Barbara giving me a wink right after.

"So," Aiden started. "let's try again. How did Amber and I not end up being with the she-devil?"

Aunt Barbara and Aunt Carrie had to visibly control themselves from reprimanding Aidenagain. "I think it would be best if we let James and Eliza explain that part of the story." Aunt Carrie said, a tinge of stress lacing in her voice. "They are the ones who know the whole story after all."

"And as for Zyljan?" I asked. They all looked at me. "Did he know all this time?"

The four adults shared a look before Uncle Max said, "As far as we all know, he doesn't. I think he only knew recently."