Chapter 55: Panic

By the time I was finally conscious, everything was dark. I groaned from the pounding of my head and tried to lift my hands to massage it, but I couldn't. Only then could I actually feel the restraints burning in my wrists and in my ankles.

Fucking hell, where in the world am I?

My first thought was to scream my lungs out until someone comes and helps me, but I know that the one who kidnapped me wouldn't be that stupid as to be in a place where there's a lot of people nearby — his plan just wouldn't work as nicely. And so, with that thought in mind, I willed myself to calm down and tried to come up with a plan on how to get out of this place. But with my head nursing a headache, I'm starting to think that I won't be able to come up with something for the mean time.

Releasing a leveled breath, I closed my eyes and prayed to all things holy that my headache would subside, even for just a moment — it could help making my mind be clearer and efficient.

As soon as I felt that my prayers were answered, I slowly opened my eyes and tried looking around the place, craning my head everywhere I can, just to see if I could get a glimpse of where I am. But after a few minutes of looking around and still seeing nothing, even just a small light from somewhere, I gave up with a sigh, although the fast beating of my heart still didn't cease. Tears started to form in my eyes, fully aware that the panicky feeling I have is starting to kick in.

"Hello?" I croaked out in between tears.

The eerie feeling of the place didn't make the situation much better. If anything, it only made it worse. It seriously feels like I'm in a horror story and some kind of monster or demon is going to jump out of nowhere, ready to eat me alive or scare the hell out of me.

But you know what's worse?

I just heard a fucking child singing and laughing.

A goddamn child!

Nothing is more creepier or scarier than a monster child. It honestly gives me the creeps. Ghosts and such I can handle but a child? Oh hell no.

Upon hearing that, I burst into even more tears as I thrashed in my place and tried to wriggle my way out of the chair I'm currently tied in to. Even my rationality and my plan from earlier was thrown out the window.

"Somebody help me! Please!" I shouted vehemently, trying to make my voice louder so anyone can hear me and come to my aide. I know that deep down that's just wishful thinking, but one can still hope, right?

As I continued to cry and shout to my heart's content, my mind suddenly became engulfed with thoughts about Aiden. My eyes grew impossibly large, wondering if he's safe and if he's asking for help somewhere. As I have stated before, I may come to hate my brother most of the time, but I'd be damned if I let anyone or anything hurt him.

I wracked my brain to try and remember what the hell happened before I was brought here, but my mind keeps getting blank. I don't know if they did something or I just genuinely forgot because of the stress of the situation, but I really can't recall a goddamn thing. It's frustrating to say the least, but no matter how hard I try, nothing absolutely comes up.

The tears on my face kept pouring incessantly, knowing full well that my face is already red and blotchy because of that. Even my voice is starting to become hoarse and that's saying something because I rarely lose my voice when I keep screaming.

I released another breath and willed myself to calm down once more. "Okay, just calm down, Amber. Nothing good will come if you just keep on crying." I feel absolutely silly talking to myself, but I think that's essential to keep myself sane in this God forsaken place.