Chapter 16: The Sleek Black Car

"Once again, I say this to the both of you: this is stupid." I hissed as we stood outside Lee Enterprises, Mom and Dad's office, Aiden and Zyljan looking at the building with a grin.

I have no clue how we're going to get to their office without someone telling them we're here or them noticing us inside. I'm pretty sure there's a high chance they'll definitely know we're here, considering how we spend almost all our free time here and the employees already know who we are.

How?

Well, aside from being the children of their boss, I guess it doesn't really leave us how we have already caused more trouble in the office than our parents would like. Needless to say, we're also pretty much labeled as troublemakers here, seeing as we — well, mostly Aiden since Zyljan and I just go along with it — make it a point to prank all the employees here, except one: Cal. He's one of the maintenance guy here and since he also seems to be a troublemaker during his youth, I guess it's safe to say that he knows what we're up to most of the time thus, he can get ready and make the prank backfire — which has happened a lot of times, actually.

They both turned to me. "Amber, relax, seriously. Like I said, Mom and Dad aren't here for the moment. They're at some meeting somewhere and obviously, those meeting last a lifetime, so they probably won't be back until later this afternoon." Zyljan said, earning a chuckle from Aiden. I don't get what's so funny about this, really.

"But what if their meeting would be done earlier than expected?" I offered. "That would surely be a problem."

"Well, I guess we just be as swift as we can, don't we?" Aiden said as he turned to me with a smirk.

I'm really starting to think Aiden has a major mood swing. I'm pretty sure his mood was pretty sour just an hour ago when we were still at school, but judging by how he's already smiling and grinning like nothing nerve-wracking happened earlier, I can totally say that this guy really has major mood swings.

"Well I what did you find anyway? Aiden won't tell me." I told Zyljan. "And I swear to all things holy, I won't be helping you unless I know."

Aiden let out a snort. "Oh please, Amber. You always say that but that surely haven't been taken to reality, now is it?"

I glared at him as Zyljan eyed the two of us with mirth. Okay, I hate to admit it, but Aiden's right. I do tend to say those words a lot, but never really do what I say because somehow, in a weird and twisted way, my brothers always seem to find a way to make me help them no matter what happens.

I'm being manipulated by own brothers. God.

I was about to say a retort, when Zyljan butt in. "Okay, cut this off." He said. He turned to me. "Amber, to tell you honestly, I never really found out something." I gave him a sneer, but he just chuckled as Aiden gaped at him. "I just took this opportunity to sneak in Mom and Dad's office since they aren't here for the moment."

I have a crazy brother, I tell you. "So you made us come here for nothing?" I asked, Aiden still gaping at the hazel-eyed guy with us.

"Not exactly nothing. You're bound to find something when we sneak in later so this isn't really a total letdown." He replied.

Aiden seems to out of the trance he was in because he said, "So you were lying when you texted me that you found out something."

Zyljan let out a breath. "For the last time, that wasn't a total lie."

"Sure, let's go with that." Aiden said simply. "Now let's go."