Chapter 33: FML

By the time Thursday came, exactly a week after Aiden and I's birthday, I started getting accustomed to the fact that Chase would probably never come back to me — not even when I got sent to the hospital when I got hit by a car Monday night, the night Chase said it all to my face.

The trip back to Detroit was exhausting, but it was still fun to say the least especially when our friends are already flying with us on the jet. They drank and talked while Chase and I just sat closely together with my head resting on his chest and his hand caressing my arm ever so slightly.

"Did you have a good time?" He asked with a small smile when we both stood outside my front door.

"Yeah, I did." I said. "What about you?"

I saw how his eyes turned wary again as his grip on my hand loosened, until he finally let go of it. I looked at him in confusion, not noticing once again how his eyes portrayed different kinds of emotions that I never saw in them before. He became vulnerable in front of me, his eyes and wary stance saying something more than he ever could. But then, he became stoic and emotionless the next, making my confusion heighten even more. "Chase?" I asked.

"We're done." He said, his voice neutral of any emotion.

I blinked at him in surprise before I reached out a hand to him to touch him but he recoiled from my touch. I swallowed down the hurt I felt and just dropped my arm to the side. "What the hell is happening?" I asked, noticing how I'm starting to feel my heart beat more loudly against my chest and it suddenly burned with a certain ferocity that I became all too familiar with; the burn of a broken heart.

He looked at me, his face void of anything as he dug his hands deeper onto the pocket of his jeans. "I said we're done. Did you get the memo or do I need to spell it out for you?"

I became loss for words as I just tried to comprehend what he said. "But why?" I managed to sputter out, my breath started to become heavy.

I saw how his eyes became conflicted once more, but it was gone just as fast as I saw it. He smirked at me maliciously, the kind of smirk that I never saw on his faceuntil now. "Because I found someone better."

I glared at him then, the hurt I'm feeling starting to become nothing as soon as those words slipped off his lips. Anger and confusion started to overpower my emotions as I stared at him with a menacing glint in my eyes. "Found someone better?" I roared. He wasn't affected by my sudden outrage, but I saw that it did take him by surprise judging by the stupefied look that flickered on his face for no more than a second. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Why would I be kidding? Did you honestly think that there's no other woman out there who is much better than you?" He replied as his eyes narrowed at me.

Okay honestly, his words hurt a lot more than I expected it to be. It stung a lot to know that those were the exact thoughts that are running through his head right about now. Was I actually that dense to see that he could actually find someone better than me? Yes, apparently I was. I was never much too threatened when it came to Chase and other girls, to be fully honest because aside from the fact that I trust him with my life, he made sure to make me feel like I'm the only girl that he would ever lay his eyes on, no matter what happens.

But then again, people can be conniving assholes.

"Well that's certainly what you made me feel!" I retaliated, narrowing my eyes at him.

He laughed mirthlessly before facing me with a stoic look on his face. "Guess I am that good of an actor, yeah?"

By now, I am already fuming inside. I don't care how much it hurt to hear him break it off with me; I don't care how deeply depressed I would feel after this little encounter; I don't care how my brothers would probably beat him to a pulp if they knew what he just did; noI do not care. I do not fucking care.