Chapter 9: Happy Birthday

The moment we arrived at Hannah's place, I breathed a sigh of relief. "Finally! We arrived here in one piece."

Aiden rolled his eyes as we walked up the front door and rang the doorbell. "Stop being dramatic, Amber."

Paige opened the door and gave us a grin. "You're both finally here! For a moment there, we thought you couldn't make it or something." She gave us a kiss on the cheek after that. I laughed while Aiden wiped the side of the cheek where Paige kissed it.

She invited us in and saw that the place was filled with foods and drinks, and party decorations all over the room. The sofas are pushed to the side to make large space at the middle of the room. Disco lights are flickering around, illuminating each and every side of the four-walled space. The place looks amazing, to be honest. They really did a great job of decorating the room.

We went to the backyard, and saw all of them gathered there — minus the birthday girl and Shane. I wonder where they could be. The group in front of Aiden, Paige and I were laughing and talking amongst each other, their laughs filling the silent background.

"I hope Aiden and I aren't too late?" I asked them with a grin and they looked up at me with a matching grin.

"Oh please, Amber, we are never too late. The party just even started, considering how I've already blessed this place with my presence." Aiden exclaimed as he walked in the room, earning a laugh from the others and a snort from me.

"With an ego a size like yours, I wouldn't be surprised the people around you would start dissipating." I countered, flashing him a smirk of my own.

"Then how come you're still here?" He shot back. "Oh that's right, because you adore me."

I rolled my eyes. "I think it's the fact that I'm stuck with you my whole life."

"Same here." Dylan and Paige said in unison.

"Yup, me too." Austin chorused, earning a frown from Aiden.

"I thought you were supposed to be always with me?" Aiden told him. I laughed in my place, earning a look of humor from the group.

"Well yes, but it's mostly because of the fact I'm kind of stuck with you for all time. If it wasn't for that, I would have bolted right away." Austin replied, Aiden scowling him.

Chase roared in laughter. Aiden looked at him with scrunched eyebrows. "I suppose you want to comment too?" Aiden asked. Chase shot him a grin.

The people here are psychotic.

"You know me too well." Chase retaliated. "If it wasn't for Amber, I would've bolted right away too." He looked at me after he said those words and sent me a wink. I rolled my eyes at his coquettish antic. I think it's pretty safe to say that I'm dating an incorrigible man.

Aiden grumbled a few things under his breath before saying out loud, "And to think you're my best friend. I should disown you by now and find another one."

Chase snorted. "Oh please, you can't find another best friend like me."

"I think it's pretty clear to me now as to why Aiden and Chase ended up as friends." Drake commented. We — excluding Aiden and Chase — laughed at his statement.

"Exactly my thoughts when I saw them together." Sophie agreed.

"Whatever, I think it's totally rational that we become friends." Aiden said with a roll of his eyes and sent Chase a cheeky grin right after. "Right, best friend?"