Chapter 25: Bowling

"I'm bored!" Zyljan announced as he plopped down the living room as Aiden and I eyed him warily.

"Well we're not on house arrest anymore so I guess we could go somewhere." Aiden suggested.

A week ago, Mom already let us be free once again since she pretty much realized that she was being silly about this whole house arrest thing.

Well okay not really.

Dad talked her out of it, seeing as he doesn't want us being holed up here at home when we could go and socialize with people like we usually do instead of being trapped here.

Mom didn't agree at first, of course.

But Dad can be persistent when he wants to. He succeeded in making Mom agree, making Zyljan, Aiden and I very happy children.

"Where do we even go?" I asked. "Last time I checked, the both of you said the places here are getting boring."

Both boys sighed. "Well we could always go bowling." Zyljan suggested, making Aiden and I share a look and nod our heads right after.

"Yeah I guess we can do that." Aiden agreed.

I stood up, grabbing my coat in the process and said, "Alright, let's go."

As my brothers and I went to the car, my phone suddenly buzzed in my hands. I looked at it and saw a new message.

From: Chase
11:23 AM

Hey babe. Where are you?

To: Chase
11:23 AM

On the way to the bowling alley with Aiden and Zyljan. Why?

From: Chase
11:24 AM

Great! Cameron and I will meet you there. Can't wait to see you 💋

I laughed and put my shoved my phone back on my pocket, a smile on my lips. I can't believe there would ever come a time that Chase would put a kiss mark in one of his messages but now, it's actually here.

"What's with the smile?" Zyljan asked as we got inside the car with Aiden riding shotgun and me riding at the back. Aiden shot me smug look, telling me that he got shotgun first instead of me.

I rolled my eyes at him before telling Zyljan, "Cameron and Chase are going to meet us at the bowling alley."

"That's great! Did you tell them to come and join us?" He asked.

"No, but I did." Aiden stated casually as he scrolled typed furiously down his phone.

Poor phone, being murdered like that by its mean owner.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" Aiden asked as he looked at me with pout on his lips.

Did I say that out loud? "It means that you're killing your phone." I replied as Zyljan chuckled.

Aiden's pout deepened as he brought his phone against his face. "What do you mean? I love my phone." He said affectionately.

Idiot. I rolled my eyes at him, making him chuckle and remove his phone from his face, continuing on typing furiously on his phone. "Hey Zyl, why aren't you at your dorm?" He asked, his eyes still glued on his phone.

"Well for starters, it's a Saturday." Zyljan replied.

"Obviously, since we're here with you and not at school." I stated, making Zyljan roll his eyes at me and Aiden to chuckle. "Aiden means like why aren't you there doing all the things you're supposed to do. You know, like homework and stuff?"