Chapter 41: Tekken 7

It's been a couple of days since I met Megan and Chase at one of our business associates's birthday party and thankfully, Xander haven't made any appearance — yet. He's bound to come in the picture any time now and I sure as hell ain't waiting for that time to come because I'm pretty sure hell would go down.

Zyljan already went back to school the day after he arrived here for Mr. Prew's birthday party and I can't deny the immense longing Aiden and I had felt after he left because we were so used to seeing him everyday at home, that the reality of not seeing his annoying and stupid face every time Aiden and I get home is somehow hard to digest — despite it being our reality for two years now.

And speaking of reality, my brothers and I have come to the conclusion that we surely won't know what Mom and Dad are hiding if we continue to face it in hiding; something that is, in a way, is starting to get harder and harder for us to do due to them being more attentive to us. I don't know why the hell they are doing this again because after that unnecessary house arrest Mom put us through, we made a deal — as a family — that they will give us our space and we give them theirs. Little do they know, that we're already breaking that deal even before we made it.

Yes, we're a bunch of hypocrites, I know.

So this sudden action from our parents made me think that maybe this is karma for promising them empty words right from the beginning. We felt immensely guilty, of course, but we had to swallow that down in order for our plans to actually go through and not fail like a motherfucker.

"So I was thinking," Aiden started as we both lounged in the game room and plopped down on the couch situated in front of the flat screen television perched on the right side of the room. His words made me look at him with raised eyebrow, an action he is all too familiar with, indicating that I'm curious as to what he is about to say. He looked back at me, right after he grabbed the controller for the PlayStation 4 and turned it on. "should we engage in another "mission possible" to find any other clues to just what Mom and Dad are hiding from us?"

I stared at him incredulously. "Why should we? I mean, haven't we found enough clues as it is?"

He pursed his lips as the familiar humming sound of the PlayStation 4 resonated around the room. "I just feel like there's still something we missed. Something that we should know and something undeniably important."

"Well," I started as I stood up and walked towards the shelf perched on the right side corner of the room filled to the rim with video games. I looked around the shelf, deciding what game we should play, finally settling on Tekken 7. "for what it's worth, I guess I can say that I somehow agree despite your theory making no absolute sense."

As I padded back to the couch with the game on my hand, Aiden let out a snort and crossed his arms. "No absolute sense? Amber, in case you've forgotten our discoveries just managed to unravel more and more questions in our minds. I think that right there is pretty much enough for us to come to the conclusion that there is definitely more to the story than what we found."

I rolled my eyes at my brother as I walked towards the console and put in the game right after. I closed the container and placed it on the table before sitting back down on the couch, grabbing the second controller, turning it on right after. "And I say, you're being completely delusional."

He let out a sigh. "Seriously, I don't even know why we're debating about this. It's either you're with me or you're not. Simple as that."

I scoffed. Does he really think that I'm letting him be completely stupid and idiotic by himself? He's going to be stuck in more trouble than he can count. And surely, it would also heighten his risk at being caught because let's face it: my brother isn't exactly the most subtle hider there is. Just refer it back to when we had those letters and when we sneaked in inside our own company. "Of course I'm with you. Are you stupid? I'm not letting you do that alone." I told him, smacking him on the back of his head right before I said those words.