A Forced Love

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Zak laid awake in bed, listening to the quiet clicks of the clock hanging on the wall. The hypnotizing hands going round and round had him in a trance. It was six in the morning, the sun was still working on rising. Zak closed his eyes, trying his hardest to force himself to sleep. He was awake all night, thinking about his lost love. Even when I'm supposed to be moving on, she keeps me awake. Zak slowed his breathing, inhaling and exhaling softly. Count sheep, think peaceful thoughts, anything...
Just as his mind started to shut down, Zak heard her soft breaths beside him. He left his eyes closed, picturing who he wanted it to be. "Zak, open your eyes." The quiet whisper tickled his ears. As he opened his eyes, I smiled warmly at him. My arms wrapped around his waist, running my fingertips down the happy trail under his belly button, sending tingles throughout his body. My chin rested on his chest, I could feel his heart beating against my skin. "Good morning, babe."
"This is how it should be." Zak whispered back, while running his fingers through my thick brown locks.
"I'm here aren't I?"
"But only in my dreams. I need it to be real." I ran my hand up his stomach to his chest. Then slowly moving it to his quivering neck, pulling myself up to reach his lips. "I need you, Addy." Zak whispered. My lips sealed with his, the sparks of electricity coursed through our veins. My lips made their way down his body, as Zak guided my head with urgency. "I need you..." Zak repeated quietly.
"I'm here, Zak..." A different voice uttered, causing Zak to open his eyes. The face of the woman beside him wasn't the one he was expecting to see. She wasn't the one he wanted to wake up to, but as she continued to smile, Zak began to enjoy the sight. Lindsey rested beside him, sliding the sheets off her bare chest for him to see. Not a bad thing to wake up to. Zak thought, as he reached out for her. Zak firmly grasped her, as she leaned in and sucked on the flesh of his neck. She grinned with excitement, as she heard his soft moans. Lindsey noticed a slight rise in the sheets over Zak. She ran her hands down and gave him a gentle tug. "Good morning, Lindsey." She laughed, as she felt him throbbing in her hand.
"Good morning, Zak." Zak laughed back. He wanted to believe that his arousal was caused by the sight of her nude body and the feel of her lips, but in reality, he knew that the dream was the real reason. That thought didn't stop him from ravaging Lindsey. In fact, it enticed him even more. Zak wrapped his arms around her and flipped her to her back. She quickly spread, allowing him in. Apparently, the sex over and over again last night wasn't enough. Zak wanted to keep himself occupied, as much as he could, to get the depressing thoughts out of his head.
The hard motions of Zak's thrusts were causing Lindsey to curl her body backwards and move in ways she didn't know were possible. Zak kept his eyes closed. He couldn't bring himself to face the other woman lying underneath. Lindsey looked up at his crinkled expression, seeing the aggravation. "Zak..." She moaned. Suddenly, he pulled out to flip her to her stomach, pressing his hands into her back to keep her face down. He forcefully entered again, trying to finish what he had started, but it was starting to feel more like a chore than a romantic embrace. Zak was finally finished and he wasted no time walking to the bathroom, slamming the door behind him. Lindsey flipped over, head filling with confusion.
Zak splashed the cold water onto his face, doing all he could to calm down. How was he going to explain his actions to Lindsey? Obviously, he was craving affection, but it wasn't her touch he wanted. Lindsey, who now had a silk robe wrapped around her body, let herself into the bathroom. Zak looked up into his mirror, meeting his eyes with her reflection. "Are you alright?" She asked.
"Yeah, I'm sorry, I rushed out like that."
"That's okay. I get it."
"You do?" Zak turned to her, once again revealing his manhood. She smiled, as she looked down, making Zak realize he was still bare. He quickly yanked the towel off the rack and wrapped it around his waist.
"Yes, Zak. It's Addy, isn't it?"
"Nothing is going on between me and my assistant, Lindsey."
"And that's the problem, right?" Lindsey asked, with a raised brow. Zak rolled his eyes, as he pressed his bottom against the counter top. "Zak, I've been here the last three days and ever since she went on her trip, you've checked your phone every 5 minutes, and when she didn't call or text, you wanted angry sex. I'm not an idiot."
"If you knew I was upset about her, why did you continue to jump in bed with me?"
"Maybe, I wanted to help you forget about her." Lindsey smiled, as she inched closer to Zak. Her hands made their way up his chest and around his neck. She bit the corner of her bottom lip. "Maybe, I like it rough."
"I promise, I want to be with you."
"Good, because I can do things to you that she can't. Come on, it's my turn to hold you down." Lindsey winked, as she pulled Zak toward the bed. She unrobed and loosened the towel around his waist, letting it fall to the carpet. Zak's mind was finally all on her, as they crawled back into bed. The rest of their day was consisting of Lindsey making Zak forget...about everything.
The next morning, I packed away my clothes and other necessities, preparing to get back on the plane. My mother gave me a smile, as she walked into my room. "I'm glad you decided to go back, Addilyn."
"Me too, mom."
"You're going to go through with it?"
"Yeah, I'm going to tell him how I feel. I know he told me he was moving on, but I can't let him. He needs to be with me, and if we end up breaking up, at least I'll know I tried."
"That's my girl." My mom pulled my forehead to her and gave me a comforting peck. "Let me drive you to the airport." She said, as she left the room. I was left standing in the doorway, looking back at my bedroom. Taking in all of the childhood memories. Even though, my father left when I was a small child, I could still hear the laughter from my mother, as he would lift her off the floor and spin her around. The nights they fought were unbearable for me. Hearing the sound of glass shattering against the wall used to make me hide my head under my blanket, but my memories weren't all bad. When they loved each other, they really loved each other. I was going to have a love like that and fight my hardest to make sure it lasted.
The goodbye was short and sweet. My mothers overprotective nature was finally starting to subside. I was an adult. I was allowed to make my own decisions. Even if those decisions weren't always for the best. They were my mistakes to make. I sat firmly in my seat, gripping onto the arm rest, as the plane began to rise. I was filled with many ecstatic emotions, as the clouds passed by my window. Thinking about being clutched in Zak's muscular arms had me spinning. I couldn't wait to be able to kiss him any time I wanted. I thought about calling him, but I decided that a surprise would be much more fun.
I rushed to the front door and as I jiggled the door handle, I realized that it was locked. Which was odd, considering Zak's car was parked in the driveway. I paid no mind and I turned my key into the lock. The door slowly opened and I peeked my smiling face inside. No one was there to greet me. Not an angry Zak, not an excited Gracie. I walked in, placing my suitcase down, before I walked through the kitchen. Finally, I heard that amazing laugh coming from the backyard. I shuffled to the door, giddy like a schoolgirl. I couldn't wait to tell him the good news. That was until...
"Zak, stop! You're tickling me!" Lindsey laughed, as Her and Zak rolled around in the grass, while Gracie pranced with her rope in her teeth. Zak continued to laugh, as his fingers tickled Lindsey's belly. The expression of pure joy covering both their faces, made me feel a sharp pain in my heart. As if I could physically feel it breaking. You can't freak out, Addy. He warned you. He told you he was moving on.
Finally, Zak looked up. The smile quickly stripped from his face, as he watched me rush to the door and go back inside. "Addy?" Zak asked, shocked by the fact that I actually came back. He stood to follow me, but Lindsey, in a state of panic, grasped his hand.
"Zak, you said she left."
"I told her she could have her job if she decided to come back."
"So, what does this mean? She lives here with you? Zak, you're trying to move on. How is this going to help?"
"Linds, you have nothing to worry about. I'm with you, okay?" Zak firmly kissed her. "I'm just going to go welcome her back. Remind her of what I said, alright?" Lindsey nodded and released his hand.
I was already pacing in my bedroom, as Zak came inside. Tossing my clothes, that he bought me, into my hamper in a fit of rage. I never expected him to move on so quickly, but what made me more angry is that I waited too long. He found another to make him happy. Something I could never do for him, and I thought to myself. I was told to never give up. When I put my mind to something, I finished the job. I agreed to be his assistant. I agreed to come back. So, I was going to complete my job until something better came along.
"Addy." I turned to see Zak standing in my doorway. "I honestly didn't think you were coming back."
"And here I am." I shrugged.
"So, you're here to be my assistant, correct? I mean, you remember what I..."
"I know what you said Zak. Yes, I will be your assistant. I will stay out of your way, and I will never think about you in any other way, other than professionally, again. Okay?" My face was flushed with red. My arms tightly crossed against my chest. So tight, I was taking my own breath away.
"Okay, good. Lindsey will be staying here a lot. I hope that's okay."
"It's fine, Zak." I scoffed, as I returned to unpacking. Still forcefully throwing the clothes across the room. "You moved on. I'm happy for you."
"Okay, well...welcome back."
"Yep."
Zak rolled his eyes at my annoyed behavior, but he actually liked the sight of me being the one getting bothered over him. In a sick twisted way, he was satisfied by my dissatisfaction. I was uncomfortably squirming in his presence, the same way I used to do to him. As I heard my door shut, I waited a few moments, making certain he was completely away. I reached into my suitcase, and pulled out the brand new sleek, black watch that I had bought him and I smashed it against the wall. My tears splashed onto the hard wood, as I dropped to my knees. "I hate you. I hate you. I hate you." My clinched fists hit the side of my head repeatedly. "How could I fall for you? How!"
Meanwhile, Zak rested in the lounge chair, with Lindsey's legs wrapped around his. Gracie rested in the grass beside them. During my depression and misery, Zak and Lindsey were enjoying their new found, forced love. One little happy family....