11: It's Called Acting

"Wow

"Wow. I just...I dont know, I thought you had, um, standards," Mandy says, whispering the last part so I don't hear. But I do.

Aaron turns and looks at me, probably seeing the vein that's popping on the side of my forehead from clenching my jaw too hard. Mandy's words infuriate me but I know she's not worth it. She's all talk but the minute someone tells her anything she backs down like a little bitch.

"I do," Aaron replies, "And I think my standards have been beyond met. Now why don't you go bother someone else Mandy? You're talking too much and it's making my head hurt."

Mandy opens her mouth, somewhat shocked at what he just said but instead clears her throat and nods before walking away.

"And here I thought you were a bitch but that girl takes it to a whole other level. She's so annoying."

"Annoying is her specialty," I murmur.

"But damn son, that whole thing on Lux not only meeting but being beyond your standards was good," Omar comments with a laugh. I turn and look at him, narrowing my eyes at his direction.

"Let's go sit down, I'm getting tired of just standing here," Aaron says, ignoring Omar's comment.

He takes ahold of my hand and pulls me with him.

I try pulling away but he only holds me tighter.

"That hurts," I say.

"Then stop trying to get away."

"Ugh," I groan, "let's just sit there."

I point at an empty table at the back of the room.

"There? Hell no, that's where the losers sit. Why don't we sit there."

Aaron points at an empty table at the very front beside a crowded area.

"There's too many people there."

"Exactly," he says and pull me toward the table.

We sit down and I let out a sigh as I reach for my phone in my bag, in hopes of finding a message from Nat or Maru but no such luck.

I can feel the stares burning at me from the people around us. I turn around to look at them but they quickly look down.

"I don't get why they're staring," I voice out loud.

"Get used to it. The whole point of tonight is to have everyone's eyes on us."

I look up at Aaron.

"Easy for you to say. You're used to being the center of attention."

"Well yes, but I wasn't always. Anyways, do you want something to drink? I'm getting thirsty so I'm gonna get something."

"I'm good."

Aaron nods and gets up from his chair to walk to the table with all the refreshments.

Suddenly Giana and her friends sit beside me.