14: Lux Callaghan, I Like You

"You two kissed?"

"You two kissed?"

It was only five minutes after closing time and I was in the middle of cleaning my last booth. As I cleaned the table though, Nat decided to tell Eric all about the past two days.

I give Eric a side glance, as put all the plates and cups inside the bin I was carrying.

"It was a fake kiss."

"Fake kiss? Didn't your lips touch?"

"Well yes but-"

"No but's. It was a real kiss."

I set down the bin and stared at them in annoyance.

"The kiss wasn't like that, it was all for show."

Eric rolls his eyes and sighs before raising his hands up in defense.

"Okay," he says, "fine. Whatever you say."

"At least we're finally done with Giana," remarks Nat.

Eric nods. "Yeah, that girl sounded so annoying."

"She was," Nat agrees.

"Alright you two," I say, "enough with the gossip. Let's finish cleaning so we can go home."

Eric sends a salute my way and begins placing the chairs on the tables. Once we're all done we close up and walk toward the parking lot.

"Bye guys," says Nat and she waves before walking to her car.

"Bye," we say to her and watch her drive off.

"So," says Eric.

"So?"

"The kiss was really nothing?" he wonders aloud.

I let out a groan and cross my arms.

"I already told you no."

"I'm just checking, geez you always get so defensive when I bring it up."

"I don't know," I say, "it's just lately everything has been about Aaron and homecoming and that audio clip. Its tiring because I feel like all of this will just continue in a never ending cycle of me feeling guilty and, well, whatever weird situations Aaron gets me in."

Eric lets out a soft chuckle.

"Damn, your life must suck so much huh?"

I roll my eyes.

"Fine, make fun of me all I want. This will be the last time I will be honest with you."

"Oh calm down Lux, I was just teasing. And honestly I don't think things could possibly worse."

"If you say so. Anyways I should go, it's getting late."

"Sure thing, bye Lux."

"Bye Eric," I say before getting inside my car and driving home.