30: Someone Worth Being Around

"Come on," he says and pulls me away from the trash bin and into the crowd so that we don't look suspicious

"When did you see me standing there?" I question.

"The moment you walked after them I followed you," replies Omar.

"Oh," I reply.

"Girl you done fucked up, Aaron has been pissy since the party."

"Did he tell you-"

"No but I last saw him with you and lately the only person he cares about is you so I figured you're the reason why he's in such a bad mood. What happened?"

I look around and find Aaron standing in the crowd of girls again and also find Nat with Chris.

"Let's talk in my car," I say and Omar nods. We walk over to my car and sit inside. Once we're settled in and its finally quiet Omar stares at me expectantly.

"Aaron kissed me when he dropped me off home and I sorta," my voice trails off.

"You sorta?"

"Ran away right after."

"Damn blow to the heart. Geez why did you do that?"

"I'm afraid of getting hurt."

"Getting hurt?"

"Yeah," I say, "I know it doesn't make sense but I'm afraid of liking Aaron."

"Why? He's cool."

"I know but I just...in the beginning everything was for show and then somehow we became friends and then our feelings grew. And I just don't know what's real or fake."

"You didn't read the letter did you?"

"Letter?"

"Yeah the one Aaron gave you."

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"The letter, with the picture of himself and the bear."

And just with those words it clicks.

The letter.

"I didn't read it."

"You should," Omar says, "he genuine with you since the beginning." With that said Omar walks out of the car leaving me completely dumbstruck.

" With that said Omar walks out of the car leaving me completely dumbstruck