21: Jacob is the Werewolf Not the Vampire

Surprisingly enough Aaron and I continue to talk for a while longer

Surprisingly enough Aaron and I continue to talk for a while longer. By the time we hang up it is a little passed midnight. I call back Maru, hoping she'll still answer.

"Hello," she says when she picks up.

"Hi," I reply.

"Lux, I'm sorry. I always put my foot in my mouth when I shouldn't. I'm really sorry I yelled at you."

"That's not what upset me Maru," I can't help but reply.

"What?"

"I'm not upset because you raised your voice at me but because of the things you said about Aaron."

"Oh," she says then stays quiet.

"You're not going to apologize for the things you've said?" I deadpan.

"Look I really am sorry. I hate when we fight, but the thing is I can't apologize for the things I said because I genuinely don't think Aaron is a good guy. I can't apologize to you if it's not sincere."

I let out a sigh.

"If you just give him a-"

"I'm sorry Lux, I don't mean to be like this but you know I don't give chances, especially with guys like Aaron. I just can't. Please let's not let some guy be the reason we fight. I really am sorry for hurting you. Can we be okay now?"

I slump on my bed, clenching and unclenching my jaw.

"Fine," I say not exactly content but too tired to continue. We hang up after another five minutes and I let out a sigh. I open my messages to open what Sage left me.

Sage: Are you ok?

Me: yeah, we'll talk tomorrow. Tired.

Sage: Ok

I turn my phone off and get to sleep, letting my mind go clear and away from the events from today.

The following day went by quickly

The following day went by quickly. I was still a little upset with Maru but I let it slide not wanting to go by my day in a bad mood. I saw Aaron in the hallways. I don't know what it was, or why, but anytime the bell would ring and I would walk to my next class I would look through the hallways for Aaron. It's not like we would stop and talk, not like we had the time to seeing as which we needed to get to class, but we would smile at each other, wave and even just give the simplest of glances. And I would be lying if my heart didn't skip a beat each time we saw each other.