95th Poem: Lost in Thought

All by my lonesome, I wonder if there's a reason to stay..

A ride a day keeps my thoughts at bay. 

To practice, to the store, to another state,

to my "house", to a part, to a friend next door,

a ride, soothing to the taste, a ride, a wonderful time to relax,

a little measly ride.

Whether my eyes are shut or whether they are closed,

I can feel the bumpy road beneath my feet,

the smoothness of the nice gravel, the sudden stop led by the brake.

People think I am asleep when I'm in the car..

Maybe it's because I look like I am at peace.

Am I?

Oh, a ride, a wonderful ride,

buckle in and hold on tight!

My eyes drift to the window and my lips turn up ever so slightly,

the clouds, the beautiful clouds. How do they get so fluffy? 

I wish I could run my hands through them, feel them, even though they are just water.

Oh, the tall, tall trees! 

I wish I could climb them, reach their peak and look down below as tiny ants wander about.

God..

Are you watching me? Do I ever make you proud?

I wish, I wish that I knew, or at least, knew I was okay. 

I wonder if people ever wonder what I think about, wonder if they think all that flows in my mind is goofy shit and random equations or rules.

I'm not that smart, at least I don't feel like it. I mean, math is a complete bitch so.. 

I'm not that smart, cursing up a storm to fill in a void, a space another word could hold.

I'm not that smart, but I guess I am. I guess I'll just turn the other way as you blatantly cheat off of me.

I told you all.. I'm not that smart.

Why when I am lost in my thoughts people look at me and automatically assume I am mad.. do I really look that way? When I stare into space I feel sad, or happy, but very seldom so.. I didn't know people thought so wrongly of me.

I guess my face is just that of a female dog..

Night.

Mr. Sun has now left, leaving only darkness in his wake.

Darkness isn't so bad I guess...

Señorita Luna comes out and shines in all her glory, the glory of A Thousand Splendid Suns, but sadness seeps from her light for she is left to herself without Señor.

The stars twinkle beside her, bright as can be, but still she is wary. All she can think of is how close she is to her amor, her love, her life. 

When Señorita is not around, when she turns her face away to become pampered and new, I feel sad, sad because she left me, sad because her light doesn't dance across the shadows. But then, then I remember that she'll come back, so I smile.

Soon, she is back, back and better than ever, her uneven skin heavy with craters shines brighter than it ever has; no way Señor cannot see her now!

The quiet air of night whisks away with the wind, leaving the two high in the sky, beaming at each other. 

Señor and Señorita are back together again, my old friends, the ones who listen to my thoughts and truly hear me, even without having ears or minds like us.

A/N

I really do call the sun and moon Mr. Sun and Mrs. Luna. I also talk to them... I suppose I am crazy, eh?