lights

I rubbed my growing belly and stared at the ceiling. I was waiting for the sun to go down and for the dark to wash over the room. I counted the cracks on the wall and stared at the outdated paint chips hanging from the ceiling. I had to decide what the hell to do. 

would I really be here forever? would she just eventually kill me? did ben even care? was he looking for me? was he happy i was gone?

what if she killed him? what if ben is gone and this is a trap. fuck. i needed to take this money and go.

A lone tear escaped my eye. How the hell did my life end up this way. I wait so long for a guy like him to come along...was he even the guy I was looking for? And now I'm going to become a mother. And I might have to be one alone. My thoughts escaped me at the creaking sound of the door. I was so sick of that door now.

Whoever made this place miscalculated the door measurements. The bottom of the door scrapes the cement floor every damn time it opens. Creating this fan like design in the doorway. I didn't even bother to see who it was. I knew it could only be of two people; chase or Mimi.

Where the hell was Allen?

I was dragged from my last holding cell last night into this "updated" one. The doors blue was even more vibrant than the last. They at least gave me a small kitchenette and a nicer bathroom. None of it mattered to me. I still had no idea where I was. I could only guess the time from the sun going down which I could now see through a tiny window residing in the top corner of the room.

"Hope you like the new place"  the barraton voice rang through the room. It was chase with my food. I turned my head to be met with his groin area. He was a giant.

Sitting up slightly I propped myself against the sand painted wall. I scratched my hair that was thankfully washed just an hour ago.

"Sure. But you know what would be better?" I said with attitude.

He waited for my answer as he sat the tray full of my favorite ftuit down on the bed.

"Being a normal woman again and hmm i don't know going home...with my  boyfriend." I said snarkly. I violently stuffed a blackberry into my face making the dark plum juice stain my fingers and seap through my nail.

"Having your baby?" Chase added pulling my favorite Luna bar from Out of his pocket. He also pulled out a handful of pills that were wrapped in a plastic bag. They looked like..prenatal vitamins.

"Are...are those?"

"You need to take care of yourself and the little guy. Make sure he comes out strong and healthy" he shrugged.

A lone tear escaped my eye. Why was he being so caring? It's like he was  almost looking out for me.

"Thank you" I sniffed looking at the pills that now sat in my hand. He turned around the minute he saw I was crying and went for the door.

"No problem. Just. Please don't cry in front of me" he said without looking at my facs

And with that he was gone.

I took a deep breath and wiped the tears with the back of my hand.

For now, all I could do was watch Netflix or stare at the ceiling like I had done in the previous cell. Unfortunate for me, They were smart and locked the computer. I could only access Netflix and Hulu plus-no communication platforms. I pulled the bowl of berries as close to me as my belly would allow, and finished watching the episode of chewing gum.

CHASE POV

I shut the door and signaled my watch. 

"Go"