Chapter 2

I shudder at the sight of the showcases filled with the dolls. I notice there are small ones with bead like eyes. Taller ones with large eyes. They all seem to be staring at me. "I'll be right back." Laurel smiles and leaves the room.

"Adam." I nudge him. He is sitting next to me texting on his phone. "What?" He looks up.

"Don't these dolls kind of creep you out?" I whisper, hoping that Laurel won't hear me. "I guess." He looks back down on his phone. "They are just dolls though, Jay." Jay is the nickname he sometimes calls me. He thinks my name is too long so hes been calling me Jay ever since we were little.

I shrug and put the thought of the dolls to the back of my mind when Laurel comes back into the living room. "Please give this to Grace." She hands me a large, long rectangular box. It's really heavy so I hand it over to Adam, who quickly takes it.

"Thanks, Ms. Fitzpatrick. I'm sure Grace will love it." I smile. Whatever is in the box. "I hope so. I'm sorry I can't go, sweetheart. It's just that it's starting to get harder for me to walk now and I can't move around like I use too." She sighed.

"Oh no, it's fine. I don't want you to stress yourself." I kindly say as Adam and I are starting to walk towards the door. "You should rest." Adam adds in as he opens the door.

Laurel makes a small laugh and waves goodbye to us. "Have a good rest of your day Ms. Fitzpatrick, thanks again." I call out as I close her door.

"Geez! What's in here?" Adam complains as we walk back to our house. "How am I supposed to know?" I roll my eyes and skip on the stone steps to our front door.

"She's a nice lady" He says and sets the large box down on the round table. "Yeah, she is. That was sweet of her to get Grace a birthday present." I reply. I look out through the glass french doors and see the abundance of people outside eating pizza and the swarm of kids in the jumping castle.

"I guess everyone arrived when we were gone?" Adam chuckles as he heads to the kitchen. "C'mon we should go out there already." I groan and grab Adam's arm and head to the backyard.

"Yeay! Twins!" Our little sister Grace notices us and jumps out of the castle. She wastes no time and screams with excitement as Adam picks her up and spins her around in the air.

Adam puts her down and Grace is still smiling. I fix her big pink hairbow in her striaght, blonde hair. "Thank you!" She squeezes me in a small hug, her bright green eyes sparkling.

"Okay! Time to open presents." I hear my mom call out as my dad brings out the table with all the presents on it.

"Yeay! Presents!" Grace immediately starts and grabs my present. She opens it and is so surprised when she sees its a Build-A-Bear. She gives it a hug and holds it next to her while she grabs another present. "Thank you seester." She runs up and hugs me. I giggle at how she said "sister", it was so cute.

As she finishes opening up all the presents, I notice there is only one gift left. It's the large brown box that Laurel had given her.

Grace scoots the variety of stuffed animals, barbies, and other toys to the side and looks at the box.

"Here you go Grace, it's from Ms.Laurel." Adam says as he lays the box on the ground in front of her.

She rips the box open and it seems like it's taking forever until she finally opens all fours sides of the box up. Adam and I offered to help her open it but she insisted that she do it.

As Grace lifts the top of the box open, everyone's eyes go wide and a bunch of people are starting to say "Ooh." and "Ahh." I am unable to see anything since everyone is circled around her.

"What is it Grace, hold it up so more people can see." My dad is holding a video camera in the back next to us and tells her. Grace stands up and picks up the item from the box.

I am still unable to see anything since there is a tall man standing in front of me. I jump up on Adam's back so I can finally put my curiousity to rest and see what it is.

As soon as my hazel eyes meet the item, they grow wide. I see Grace standing up and beside her she is holding a tall, life size porcelain doll.