Chapter 38

The creepy girl kept banging her head against the door and screaming. Derek and Tyson ran down the hallway, away from the cell. I picked Natalie up bridal style and ran with them further into the insane asylum.

As I ran with them I finished scanning the remaining cells that we passed by.

There was no Jacqueline in sight.

Natalie began to come into consciousness and I gave her to Tyson, who easily picked her up.

"What the hell! Where is she!" I yelled out in fustration. "We literally looked up and down this damn place and we still haven't found her." Derek groaned and threw off his mask.

Then it dawned on me...

That damn guard with the beard lied to us.

"He purposely gave us the wrong directions Derek..we have been looking in the wrong place this whole time." I said and stormed back down the hallway towards the stairs. "Wait, how do you know he lied to us?" Derek asked as he followed. Tyson followed as well with a slowly waking Natalie on his back.

"Because we would have found her by now." I replied, gritting my teeth.

In no time, we all ended up back downstairs in the same hallway Derek and I started in. The guard with the beard was no where to be found.

"I'm gonna beat the living hell outta that man." I announced and started to look around for the lying guard.

"Why don't you just ask them?" Tyson spoke up. "We have some of their walkie-talkies. They will think your a guard thats asking about a patient."

"What's going on?" Natalie breathlessly asked, fully waking now. "Put me down Tyson, dang." She gently smacked his shoulder and looked at him confused.

"Yeah, she's back and fiesty as ever." Derek chuckled, looking at the girl with lime green hair.

"Welcome back, Nattie." I smiled.

She smiled in response and I pulled out one of the walkie-talkies we had retrieved. I held down the large button and spoke. "I need the whereabouts for a patient." I said and lifted my thumb off the button.

The trio stayed silent as I spoke and waited for an answer. "Patient name?" Someone from the other end of the line asked.

"Wilson, Jacqueline." I replied, trying to sound professional as ever.

I waited impatiently for a minute until the person spoke again. "She is in cell 3938, located behind the medical lab."

I didn't answer back and instead threw

the device on the ground. "Where is the medical lab?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It can't be in the main building..we have already searched here." Tyson answered. "Yeah, there has to be another building somewhere else." Derek added.

We all bolted through the back door where we had came from. It was already pitch black outside.

Natalie pulled out the flashlights, handing me one in the process.

We walked around the main building to the side facing the East. There, hidden away and slightly covered with a bunch of shrubs and ivy plants, was a small door.

"Is that a door?" Tyson raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, the question is though." Natalie paused, shining her flashlight on it. "Where does it lead to?"

"Jacqueline is probably in there." I say and haul over to the narrow door. "Wait, Gabe. Don't just barge in, there are gonna be more guards!" Nat warned as I pulled away at the plants.