Chapter 18

The 'Demented' inspired drawing on the right was done by the amazingly talented Mizz Lexis! Thanks again, I love it! If anyone would like to submit an edit, drawing, etc. I would love to post it! Just message me! :) Now for the story~

---

Adam and I both headed home in our seperate cars. By the time we arrived, mom and dad were already home.

Mom was sitting on the floor with her yoga mat stretching in the living room. "Mom you know we have a gym membership right?" Adam informed as we walked to the kitchen. "Dinner is in the microwave, dears." My mom calmly replied, still stretching. "Where's dad? I saw his car parked in the driveway." I looked around. "He is mowing the lawn in the back." She replied.

My brother grabbed the home made pizza out of the microwave. "Awesome, it's still hot." He said as he took a big bite, I swear if it wasn't for sports he would be 300 pounds by now with the way he eats. "Save some for me!" I shout as I run up to my room to change into some sweats.

I pass by Grace's room and see her sitting at her little table. "Whatcha doing Grace?" I ask as I come in. "Coloring, do you like it?" She replies and shows me her picture. It is two girls with triangle shaped dresses on. One girl is taller than the other.

"Aw is that a picture of you and mom?" I smile. "Nope." She said, popping the P. "It's me and Alice." She smiles. "Oh." I look at the picture again. "That's a really nice drawing." I force a smile. "Where is Alice anyways?" I add.

"Sleeping. Shhh." She points to her bed and then puts her finger up to her lip as if telling me to be quiet. "How do you know she's even alive?" I shrug.

"Because she can breath." Grace corrects and continues to color.

"She can what?" My eyes widen. I already knew this but the fact that Grace has seen the doll breath surprised me. Grace nods her head yes, not bothering to look at me. "She can walk too." She adds in.

Oh my gosh.

"You have seen her walk?" I whisper, in shock. "Yepp." She answers. "Is that how Alice got on the bed?" I shakily ask.. afraid of the answer.

"Yes."

I grab Grace's hand and take her downstairs with me. "Mom!" I shout. "Now what?" She sits back down on her yoga mat from a pose she was just doing. "Tell her Grace. Tell her what Alice can do." I urge her.

Grace has a frightened look on her face. "What do you mean?" My mom looks towards my sister. "Go on, tell her." I repeat. Grace doesn't say a word.

"What are you talking about, Jacqueline?" Mom faces to me. Adam watches us from the kitchen. "Well I was just in Grace's room and the doll was in her bed while she was coloring on her table. We start talking about the doll and then Grace says the doll can breath and walk around." I exclaim.

"Is that true Grace?" Mom looks back to her. She has to believe me now because Grace has seen it too. Then we can finally get rid of the doll!

"No." She crosses her little arms and shakes her head no.

What in the hell! "Grace!" I yell. "Tell her the truth! Tell her what you told me." I wanna scream. She goes and stands behind my mom. Grace continues to shake her head in disagreement with me. My mom glares at me a furrows her eyebrows. Adam continues to watch.

"You little brat! Stop freaking lying!" I shout. "Mom, she literally just told me that she has seen the doll walk and it has been breathing. I swear to you mom yo-"

"Jacqueline that's enough! Don't talk to your sister like that!" She scolds me. "You know what, I'm done." I put my hands up. I turn and go back up to my room, instantly closing the door. No one except my brother believes me and I am done trying to convince them that the stupid doll is alive.

---

I changed into my matching silk pajama pant set and laid in bed until I fell asleep. Well, tried to fall asleep I should say. It had already passed three hours and I was still trying to close my eyes and get some rest.

My entire room was dark, which is how I liked it. I laid on my right side on the bed and just looked out to the two large windows, admiring the moon. I always kept the curtains open.

The only noise in my room was the squeaky sound coming from my ceiling fan.

After a couple of minutes of trying to clear my mind, I finally started to close my eyes and doze off, turning to face the other side of my room, away from the windows.

Next thing I know, I hear the squeaky noise from my fan stop. I figure it's going to come back on again so I just continue to try to sleep.

It doesn't turn back on though..

I can never sleep when it's too quiet in my room so I slowly open my drowsy eyes, turning towards the windows again.

As I turn... I see the large, porcelain doll staring at me straight through my windows. It was so close I felt like it's evil face was right in front of mine. It's dark glass eyes wide open.

It was standing outside on the base of the window.

I screamed in horror and jumped off my bed.

It was wearing the usual sinister Cheshire Cat smile that spread across from ear to ear. I noticed it was breathing heavily. I could clearly see the fog from it's breath appear on the window.

I rubbed my eyes and opened them wide, to make sure this wasn't a dream. The doll was still staring at me. I felt my whole body start to shake with terror and tried to open my door.

It wouldn't open though.

"Help!" I cried out. I continously banged on my door as I fell to the floor, tears streaming down my face. I nervously looked back over to the window.

The doll was gone.

I took a deep breath in relief.

Until, I suddenly felt something touch my shoulder...