Chapter 33

Just as I was about to scream again, I hear that same, eerie, child-like giggling coming from the stairs...

The sound haunted me, sending shivers down my spine. I shut my bleeding eyes and covered them with my scratched up hands.

The giggling became louder as the creature neared me.

The stinging, intense pain from my open, exposed, flesh of a mouth was becoming unbearable. The stinging felt like alcohol peroxide being poured over an open wound.

My eyes began to burn at the touch. I screamed in pain and lifted my hands off of them.

I opened my burning, black eyes and saw the creature.

It's large body was standing in front of me, hovering as I sat helpless on the ground. I coughed up more blood and looked up at it's creepy face.

It still had missing eyes and mouth. It's face looked similiar to mine.

...Except it was smiling.

It was smiling that same, horrific looking Cheshire Cat smile. The doll just stood there, I felt like it was somehow staring at me.

It suddenly tilted it's head and bent down on the floor in front of me. "Miss me?" It said with it's raspy, wicked sounding voice.

I didn't realize how much I was shaking and crying until I had to wipe the massive amounts of blood from my eyes. "You did this!" I screamed.

As if amused, it began to laugh at my misfortune.

"No." It replied. "You did."

I suddenly felt my throat close in and the oxygen escaping. I gasped for air but it was no use. I felt like a fish out of water. I continued choking as the doll sat there, watching and wearing an evil smile.

I extended my hand out to grab the doll. I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do if I got a hold of it, but I was sure of one thing..

If I was going to die right here, so was the doll.

As I reached out, I could hear footsteps rushing from downstairs. The doll's evil smile quickly faded and it stood back up, making the choking feeling fade.

I continued to cough until I felt like my lungs were going to explode.

However, when the doll stood up, with all my strength, I picked myself up a little and grabbed it's ankle, making the doll fall back down.

The footsteps became louder and clearer as I struggled on the floor with the doll. It tried breaking free from my tight grip until my parents ran into my room.

It then stopped in motion, looking just as life-less as the day Grace recieved it.

"What in the hell Jacqueline!" My dad yells, he is carrying Grace on his back.

"What are you doing to Alice?" Grace starts to sob when she sees me still holding the beat up doll by the ankle. "What happened to the doll?" My mom finally speaks.

"What happened to the doll? What happened to me!" I yelled and let go of the monster, running my hands on my face.

I looked at my hands and saw that there were no bloody scratches.

I crawled over by the mirror again and saw my reflection.

Tan skin, blonde hair, hazel eyes, and full lips were in full view.

What in the hell.

I looked around my surroundings for a trace of blood that may have spilled.