Chapter 14

"Gabriel!" I yell once again. He is in the house with the monster of a doll.

He doesn't come out though, I rush over to the house as well and poke my head inside. The lights are on the movie I was watching was still playing.

It was as if nothing had happened.

I slowly walk inside and Gabe is just sitting on the couch, rolling his eyes. "You're freaking out because that broke?" He asks in an annoyed tone and points to the shattered glass on the floor. Oh gosh, mom is going to throw a fit once she sees that I broke her expensive picture frames.

So then what I just witnessed was real. I wasn't imagining things. "Oh um, yeah." I simply reply. I wasn't going to tell him the truth. He already thinks I'm wierd I don't need to inform him about all the crazy things that have been happening.

He just shakes his head. "Whatever. Can we just hurry this up?" He says as his eyes scan around the house. I couldn't agree more. I didn't like his rude behavior and he didn't like me.

That's one thing we have in common.

I walk to the kitchen and grab my student council folder off of the counter and make my way to the other couch, sitting opposite of Gabe.

"Okay, well since we are in charge of snacks for prom, I was thinking we could order some cupcakes an-"

"No." He bluntly says and leans back on the couch. "Excuse me?" I ask. What's his freaking problem!

"Cupcakes are fucking lame. Think of something else." He doesn't bother looking at me. "Cupcakes aren't lame. They are simple and can be decorated to match the theme of our prom!" I narrow my eyebrows and place my folder down on my lap.

"And I don't have to think of something else! Cupcakes are a great idea." I add. "Whatever you say." He runs a hand through his black hair. I was going to keep arguing with him but then I realized he's not worth it.

"Anyways!!" I obnoxiously say and pull out my folder again. "As I was saying, I think we should order some cupcakes and then we could also order varieties of cookies. Also, we can hire an icecream company to pass out different treats to people at the dance." I say and then look up to Gabe, who is just on his phone.

"Did you hear anything I said?" I ask, it hasn't even been ten minutes and I am aleady annoyed with him. "Yeah." He simply answers and continues on his phone.

"Oh really? What did I say?" I cross my arms. He probably has no clue. He takes a big sigh and puts down his phone. "You want to order cupcakes that are decorated to match prom. You want to order different flavors of cookies, and you wan't to hire an ice-cream company to pass out shit during the dance." He says as he looks me straight in the eyes and then picks up his phone again. I can clearly hear his accent. Dang, he was paying attention.

I sit there, feeling dumb. "Stop with the bad language!" I scold and lean back as well.

"Are we done now?" He stands up. "Yeah! We are done. I'll just order everything myself since you obviously don't care about any of this.." I reply.

"I'm only in your stupid student council because i'm being forced too." He gives me a glare.

"Your only being forced too because you break the rules!" I argue back. I stand up from the couch as well. "Rules are mean't to be b-" He shouts from the hallway until a loud thump is heard.

We both stand quiet and still, looking at each other. "Did you hear that?" He asks and I nod yes to him. I feel the goosebumps rise on my skin, knowing just who it is.

"Who else is here?" He looks around the room from the hallway. "...No one." I reply. "Then what was that?" He asks. Gabe sure does ask alot of questions.

"I don't know." I lie. The loud thump noise is heard again. It sounds like someone is taking a large, heavy object and is just dropping it onto the floor.

"It sounds like it came from up there." Gabe points and walks toward the stairs. He looks to me and notices that my face turned pale. Little did he know it was due to absolute fear.

"I- I wouldn't go up there Gabe." I warn. "Something must have fell. Aren't you going to go see what it is?" He looks up the stairs and then back to me.

"No." I say and sit back down. He gives me a wierd look and then heads back towards the hallway to leave. "Student council meeting tomorrow morning. Don't forget." I call out. "That's too early for me." He rudely replies and opens the door.

As he opens the door, we hear a scream. It was a loud, high pitch scream that made a shiver run through my body. "What the fuck was that!" He yells to me. I quickly hop off the couch and run towards the door. "I thought you said there was no one else was here." He comes back inside.

"There is no one else!" I shout, I can't help but start to cry in fear again. This is all too much. "I can't handle this anymore." I add.

"What the hell? Handle what! Where did that scream come from?" He walks up the stairs. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm going to see who the hell is up there." He replies and continues up the steps. "No, don't!" I shout, knowing who or should I say what creature he was going to see up there.

------

Picture of Adam is on the right! Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote! :)