Chapter 12

I slowly drag myself out of bed and make my way towards my mirror. My eyes have dark circles under them. Needless to say, I look like a zombie.

I go to my closet and pick out a white v-neck and a simple black skater skirt . I tuck in the shirt and throw on some black Tory Burch flats. I am so tired but as the student council president, I have to look decent because that what Mr. Hayes says a 'model student' does.

I brush my teeth and just brush out my straight hair. I decide to leave my blonde locks as they are for today since I didn't want to bother with curling it.

I applied my usual makeup, grabbed my stuff and walked downstairs to the kitchen. "Well goodmorning to you too." My dad smiles and takes a sip of his coffee. I didn't even realize he was standing by the counter. "Oh, goodmorning dad. Sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night." I give him a hug and then grab a bottle of apple juice from the fridge.

"There must be alot on your mind then." He replies and heads out towards the front door. I nod my head in agreement. Man, he has no idea. "I have to get going to work but I will see you when I come home later. Have a good day, pumpkin." My dad says and grabs a blueberry muffin and rushes out the door.

My mom comes out of her room with a worried look. "What's wrong mom?"

"Grace said she isn't feeling well so I'm taking her to work with me. I can't find Alice though." She casually says and scans the kitchen.

I paused for a moment. "You mean the doll?" I nervously ask. "Yes, Grace wanted to bring it with her." She replies. I felt like I was going dizzy. My mother clearly doesn't believe me about what happened last night.

"It's missing?" I look over to the couch where it was sitting last night and to my surprise, it's not there. Maybe Adam had gotten rid of it. "Yeah it's not on the couch mom." I smirk. I feel so relieved that the dang doll is finally gone.

"I don't have anymore time to look for it. C'mon Grace you will just have to go without Alice." She calls to my sister who is still upstairs. "Okay." Is all Grace replies as she rubs her eyes and walks down the steps.

She looks adorable with two pigtails tied in pinks bows, she is wearing a floral pink dress with matching sparkly sandals. She looked like she belonged in a toddler magazine.

I look at the time and realize I only have four minutes to get to school. "I'm so late! Bye!" I shout to my mom and sister and run out to my car with my keys in hand.

---

I barge into science class 12 minutes late. I can feel everyones eyes staring at me. "This is your third tardy, Jacqueline." The teacher gives me a cold look. "One more tardy and I'll have no choice but to give you detention."

"Yes m'am." I reply and sit in my seat next to Mckayla. I start to take down notes like the other students and Mckayla is smirking.

"What?" I whisper. "Nothing, it's just that your always late to first period." She replies as she is writing. "Plus, I saw you almost fell down in the parking lot." She lets out a giggle and points to the window. It has a full view of the parking lot and my car.

"I didn't think anyone saw." I laugh as well. I was in a rush when I had finally arrived to school that I was running through the parking lot and almost tripped over some loose gravel.

Class ends 40 minutes later and Mckayla and I walk out to meet up with my brother and Tiffany. "Hey Jacqueline! Where were you this morning?" Tiffany asks as she digs through her large purse. "I got caught up with something at home." I casually reply. I didn't want to get into details about the doll incident.

"Oh, well we missed you at the meeting." She smiles to me and then pulls out a pink lipstick from her bag. "What meeting?" I raise an eyebrow.

"The usual morning meetings!" Tiffany giggles. Oh crap, I forgot all about the student council meetings we always have. I didn't even go or bring breakfast for the others.

"Adam hosted it." Mckayla answers and runs a hand through her dark hair. I look towards Adam. "What did y'all discuss?"

"Nothing much really, just chilled out and talked about the prom stuff." He replies. "Hey there Adam." A blonde girl with short hair and really tight jeans walks by and winks at him.

"Hey Amber." He turns to her and gives her a small smile and then looks back to us. I noticed Tiffany giving the 'Amber' girl a disqusted look. "Someone's jealous." Mckayla noticed the way Tiffany looked at the girl too.

"I'm not jealous." Tiffany replies and crosses her arms. "It's just that there has been alot of rumors about Amber that's all." She doesn't bother looking at any of us. Yeah, she's jealous.

Tiffany's face turns pink when she notices the look were all giving her. We know she has the hots for my brother she just needs to admit it. "I gotta go. I'll see you all later." She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and walks off, Mckayla follows behind.

"Oh hey uh I told that new kid you would meet with him to discuss your stuff." Adam nervously scratches the back of his neck. "What stuff? You mean the prom stuff!" I ask as we walk through the hallways.

"Yeah. I didn't know if he knew what to exactly do so I just told him to meet you at our house after school." He says as he eyes the vending machine. Typical Adam.

"What! Why would you do that? I don't get along with Gabriel!" I almost shout. All my brother is doing is putting in dollar bills into the machine. I'm pretty sure he's not even paying attention to me.

"Hmm, what did you say?" He asks. Yeah, I was right.

"Nevermind." I groan. "You gave him our address and everything?" I ask. "Yepp, how else is he supposed to know where our house is?" He lets out an obnoxious laugh.

"Whatever." I try not to laugh with him, his laugh is contagious. "By the way thanks for getting rid of the stupid doll." I smile.

"..What are you talking about?" He asks as he takes a large bite out of his candy bar. "Didn't you throw out Grace's huge doll?" I narrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Nope. It was still sitting on the couch when I left to school this morning. I wasn't going to mess with it or else Grace would throw the biggest tantrum." He chuckles and takes another bite.

"It wasn't there whenever I went downstairs Adam." I immediately felt like I was going to be sick to my stomach. "You left before me didn't you." I nervously ask.

"Yeah you were still in bed." His eyes were fixed on mine. "Oh my gosh, Adam." I am almost afraid to say what I am thinking out loud to him. The thought itself sends chills throughout my body. The idea sounds so unrealistic and dumb, but I have a feeling that what I'm thinking just might be true. "What is it, Jay?" He asks.

"The d-doll can walk."