Chapter 37

"Hey! Stay where you are trespassers!" Two large guards yelled to us as they quickly jogged down the steps.

Damnit.

I sighed and looked over to my friend. "Just when you said this was easy..."

"Take off your masks at once!" The tall guard with shaggy blonde hair ordered. "No thanks, I'm good." I sarcastically replied and reached into my pocket.

I noticed the other guard was about five feet taller than us and was bald.

Derek glanced over at me, as if asking what we were going to do about the two large guards.

I knew it would be hard to try and fight off both of them so I did what I do best.

Pay them off.

"How much do you two want?" I bluntly asked, pulling out the stack of cash I had from the ATM.

The two men stopped at the last step after I asked.

The guard with shaggy blonde hair had wide eyes. "We don't accept bribes, now take off your masks." He pulled out his flashlight and tried shining it on us.

Derek groaned in annoyance and spoke up. "Listen idiots, we don't have time for this. We can do this the easy way." He then pointed to me holding the money. "Or we can do this my way.." He added, pointing towards the baseball bat in his hand.

The blonde guard looked insulted and began to pull out his walkie-talkie that was hanging off the side of his belt.

My eyes narrowed and I looked to Derek, who started to twirl the bat around.

If the guards wanted to do this the hard way, then so be it.

I slowly transferred the cash back into my pocket, my eyes never leaving the two guards. I clenched my other fist, ready to fight.

The blonde guard glared at us as he was about to speak into the walkie- talkie.

"Now?" Derek asked, twirling the bat.

I continued to stare down at the guards. "Now."

"Wait!" The bald guard finally spoke up, he snatched the walkie-talkie out of the other guard's hand.

Derek and I paused.

"What are you doing?" The blonde man asked. The other guard looked down at the walkie-talkie and then to us. "I want $500."

I smirked underneath the mask. "Deal."

"That's against the rules!" The blonde guard shouted, his voice echoing throughout the building.

The bald man ignored his comment and walked off the last step towards us, walkie-talkie still in hand.

Derek walked past the cooperative guard and I watched as he charged at the blonde guard instead.

Derek pushed him down against the concrete stairs with all his force. "Shout like that one more time and I'll break your damn neck!" He threatened as he held the bat up against the man's neck.

The man held his hands up in surrender and Derek slowly backed off away from him.

I pulled out the cash again and then counted out $500, handing it over to the bald guard. In exchange, he pulled off his own walkie-talkie and handed it to me, along with the other one.

"You're just going to let them pay you off?" The blonde guy asked as he got up off the floor. "Yeah." The bald man responded and started walking down the hall. "This job sucks anyways."