Chapter 25

"Did you push Grace out of the window last week?" She asks.

My eyes grow wide. What the hell.

Both my parents stare at me and wait for an answer. My brother just continues to look away and stay quiet.

"Are you kidding me?" I narrow my brows. "I told you what happened!" I shout.

"Jacqueline, your story does not make sense." My dad quietly says.

"How could it not make sense dad. It's the truth I swear." I respond, my eyes go to my brother for help.

He doesn't look at me though.

"Honey, you expect us to believe that the doll is alive and pushed Grace out of the window?" My mother asks, I can tell she is getting fustrated with me.

"Yes!" I snap.

"Why aren't you two believing me?" I add, I feel my eyes getting watery already.

"Damnit!" My dad abruptly stands up. "Just tell us the truth already Jacqueline! Enough with the games!" He shouts.

I jump back feeling surprised that he actually shouted at me. My dad was the easy-going one out of my parents and he had never gotten this angry with me.

I look from my dad's angry eyes to my mother's sad ones, to my brother with his face in his palms.

"I. Already. Told. You." I say, making direct eye contact with my dad. A single tear escaping my left eye.

My mom bursts out into sobs and my dad doesn't say a word back to me. I grab my keys and storm out the front door, leaving my accusing family.

---

I called and went over to Tiffany's house. I was hoping her peppy personality would cheer me up a little.

"Hey girlie. Come on in." Tiff greeted at her door. Her house was about the same size as mine, not to big, not to small. Her parents had the home decorated in designer furnisher and paintings.

I made my way in to see Mckayla eating some popcorn in the kitchen. "Hey." She smiled. "Hey girl." I replied and sat on the kitchen bar stool.

"You haven't been over in so long." Tiffany said, taking a seat next to me. "I know, I just have alot going on right now." I sighed.

"Is it anything we can help with?" Mckayla asks and sits on top of the counter with the bowl of popcorn.

Tiffany looks at me for answer. "Yeah were worried about you. You haven't been acting yourself lately."

"Oh no, it's nothing serious. I have had some allergy problems and alot of homework and tests. That's all." I say with a nice, fake smile.

"Well if you need anything or need to talk. You know you can come to us right?" Mckayla says as she opens a water bottle.

"Of course." I reply and plop some popcorn in my mouth. I do trust them it's just that I don't know how they would react if I told them about the doll pushing Grace.

Plus, I came over to get my mind off of that subject.

"Enough about me. What's been going on with you two?" I ask, changing the subject.

"We have been taking good care of the student council meetings and dance preparations." Mckayla proudly says.

"That's awesome, thanks." I smile.

"Nothing much has been going on for me." Tiff says and jumps off of the bar stool.

"Oh whatever! You and Adam are the cutest couple at school." Mckayla shouts, a big grin is across her tan face.

"What?" I raise an eyebrow at the two of them. Tiffany's face goes bright red. "Uh-oh. I thought you told her Tiff?" Mckayla nervously looks to her.

"When were you going to tell me you are dating my brother?" I demand.

"I was - It's just you have been out of the loop lately with how busy you've been and all I ju-" She glares at Mckayla and then looks to me.

"How long have you two been dating?" I harshly ask.

"Almost a month." She quietly replies. "Why didn't you tell me! Were supposed to be best friends and tell each other everything." I say and jump off of the chair as well.

"I'm happy that you and Adam are together. I'm just hurt that you two didn't feel the need to tell me." I sigh.

"I'm sorry, Jay really. But you don't tell us everything either." Tiff argues.

"Adam told us all you were...sick." Mckayla says and stands next to Tiffany.

"Yeah, I just told you I have allergies." I reply. I know I'm lying but what's going on is our family's business and no one elses. Adam shouldn't be blabbering to the whole student council about me.

"He said you passed out and have been having panic attacks. That sounds more than just allergies." Tiffany narrows her brows.

"Oh gee thanks, so you are just going to take my brother's side over mine?" I shout. "No we wan't to know what's going on with you. Why are you being so aggressive all of a sudden. You're never like this, Jay." Mckayla says and follows me as I make my way to the door.

"Don't try to turn all this on me! You're the ones that decided to keep the dating thing a secret from me." I glare at them. "And then you take my brother's word against mine. Some 'best friends' you two are." I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Nice to know I have such great friends, really." I swing open the door and walk out, leaving my 'friends' behind.