Chapter 15

"No don't!" I call out to Gabriel. I stood by the doorway, debating on what I should do. My first instinct is to get as far away from my house as possible but I couldn't just leave Gabriel here, no matter how rude he is to me.

Before I could think about it anymore, I bolted up the stairs. In no time I find Gabe in Grace's room standing next to her small bed, looking over it.

"Gabriel c'mon we need to get out of here. It's not safe." I plead and walk up next to him. I see a small figure under the covers. What the heck is Grace doing in bed. She was supposed to be at work with mom?

"Your little sister was at home by herself all day?" He questions and looks to me. His light blue eyes stand out in the darkness of the room.

"She was supposed to be with my mom." I look to the bed again and tap her gently to wake her. "Grace, wake up please." I sweetly say. Gabe just looks as I try to wake her.

"She's a heavy sleeper." Gabe comments and I continue to try to wake her. "Grace. It's time to wa-" I say as I slowly pull off the covers.

I instantly screamed with absolute horror. In my little sister's bed is the porcelain doll, laying down, with it's wicked eyes wide open, and of course it's Cheshire Cat grin.

Gabe jumped back in shock and I stood there frozen. "What in the hell!" He yells and then we hear it...

The breathing.

Not from us though, from the doll. It's slow and heavy breathing. The same sound I heard from earlier. Both Gabriel and I could clearly see the chest of the doll moving up and down, we also could hear an almost wheeze come from it as well.

"Do I hear what I think I'm hearing?" Gabe says and turns to me, his light blue eyes are wide. I slowly nod my head yes. Gabriel and I both look to the doll and then to each other, as if we had the same idea. Run.

I quickly rushed down the stairs, Gabriel not far behind. We both basically threw ourselves out into the front yard. Anywhere was better to be than inside with the evil thing.

"Holy shit." Gabe says and looks to me. "What in the fuck was that thing?" He continues. He curses way too much.

"I don't know! It happened before you got here too." I blurted out. Now that he witnessed what I had seen, it only made sense to let him know what has been going on.

I decided to just tell him everything. From the day Grace recieved the doll to before he came over.

"Wow." Is all he says. He takes a deep breath and throws his head back. We are both sitting on my front lawn.

"Yeah, now that you saw it too, I thought you should know." I confess. "Well get rid of it." He replies. "It's not that easy." I snap.

"Yeah it is, that's what a baseball bat is for." He scoffs. "Well what are you gonna do?"

"I don't know." I sigh. "No one really believes me. Well except for my brother but I'm sure he really doesn't believe me either. He just says stuff to make me feel better." I say and let my blonde hair loose from the ponytail.

"That's some freaky shit though." He looks down and pulls out a little piece of grass. We then see my brother's car come down the street. "Well I better get going." Gabe announces and stands up.

I watch as he walks to his all black Audi R8. Who the heck in highschool owns an expensive car like that. He opens the door and jumps in, the windows are rolled down. "Don't forget the meeting." I call out again to him.

"Don't worry. I will." He calls back and slips on his black Ray-Bans and speeds off. Smart-ass. I look back to the garage and stand up to greet Adam.