Chapter 21

Hey guys! Don't forget to vote and comment on what you all think of the story so far! It would mean alot to me :) Thanks for reading~

"It was the doll wasn't it." Gabe simply says.

I look back over and see my brother still talking with Tiff in the hallway. "Yeah, it was." I sigh. "Thought so." He replies.

"How did you know?" I ask. "I was there when that doll went all berzerk last time. Remember?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Oh, yeah. I thought you were going to just forget about it though." I admitted.

"It's kind of hard to forget about a creepy ass toy doll being alive." He let out a short laugh. For once, we weren't going at each other's throats. We were having a decent conversation.

"By the way, you should see a doctor. Your face is busted up." He adds.

And he just ruined it.

"I'm fine." I argue, first Adam, now him.

"Suit yourself." He puts his hands in his pockets and starts walking towards the door. "Wait, Gabe." I call out. He stops just before the doorway.

"Yeah?" He turns his head back. "You believe that the doll is demonic right? It's not just me going crazy?" I blurt out, I couldn't help myself.

I just had to be sure. "It's something alright." He scratches the back of his neck. "But yeah, I saw it for myself too so it's not just you." He shrugs.

"Thank goodness." I let out a sigh in relief. Gabe notices and then leans back against the wall. "Why do you ask?" He says. I can hear the accent come out again. "No reason." I try to play it off.

"Am I the only other one that has seen the doll do that crazy shit?" He crosses his arms and throws his head back, he curses so much.

"Well um no, not really." I say as Gabe looks back to me.

"My little sister has even admitted seeing the doll walk and breath." I began to say. "Other than that only you and I have actually seen the doll in action." I finish and look down at my painted, light pink fingernails.

"Hasn't your brother seen any of it?" He asks, his ice blue eyes looking into my hazel ones. "No, but he says he believes me." I reply with confidence.

"Doesn't seem like it." He remarks and looks out to the hallway.

"Excuse me?" I gasp. "My twin brother has my back and completely believes me when I tell him what's been going on with that doll." I argue and stand up.

"Alright, think what you will. But by the way he was glaring at you earlier, I could already tell he thinks you are crazy." He smirks.

I stand there, in shock of what he just said. "Well aren't you just so observative, you stupid jerk."

"That's Australian jerk to you." He shouts as he leaves the room.

I'm left there dumfounded, can't believe I didn't think of Australian.

----

School finally finishes for the day and I went home.

Mckayla and Tiffany had wanted to hang out after school but I couldn't due to homework and studying as usual.

Before I became student council president I had alot more time for hanging with friends.

But now, I'm always having to study or make plans for the next meeting, dance, or major event. It's great, having A's and being president will look good for college but at times, I want to take a break and just focus on friends and soccer.

A small smile formed when I noticed the video cameras set up around the house. Adam has another practice so he won't be back until later. Mom and dad are still at work while Grace is at a school field trip.

I felt a little better knowing that if anything were to happen, at least this time it would be caught on camera.

I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a water and some chips. I then made my way to the dining room and laid out my school assignments.

About an hour passes by while I am finishing some AP math worksheets. I have my phone playing some music while I work.

Another hour passes by and I am now finishing up my English essay until I hear something...

I take out my headphones and listen if the noise is coming from the house or if it's my music.

However, I don't hear anything.

I take a sip of my water and put my headphones back in and continue to type my essay.

After a couple of seconds, I hear the noise again..

I quickly snap out my headphones and listen again to my surroundings.

Nothing.

I once again put my headphones back on and listen to see if it's the music and thats when I hear the noise again.

It's not the music.

I feel the goosebumps rise on my skin when I realize the noise is an old, wheezy, sounding laugh coming from under the table.