Chapter 24

Wow over a hundred votes already! You guys are the best! Thanks for supporting this story! :)

It's been a week since the incident. Things have been absolutely horrible. My parents have barely spoken to me and Grace is still in the hospital due to all her injuries.

I have been going to school but I just go to my classes and silently do my assignments. Adam and Mckayla have been taking care of the student council meetings for me. Right when I get home I do my homework and go straight to bed, not bothering to interact with anyone.

I haven't seen that doll since it pushed Grace. That evil face and laugh still haunt me.

Ever since the incident...I have just been feeling depressed. I feel like it's my fault she was pushed out that window. It's my fault that I didn't physically stop that wicked doll.

I was a horrible person and my parents probably knew it too. That's why they weren't talking to me.

I snapped myself out of my thoughts and picked my head up off my desk. It was Thursday afternoon and I was stuck in AP law & government class.

I looked at the clock and saw we only had two minutes left until the next class period.

Dang, how long was I out of it?

I began to pack up all my things and shortly after, the bell rings. I make my way out of class after everyone else.

As I walk out the class door, I see Gabriel leaning against a locker nearby. "Finally." He complains as he walks next to me.

"You were waiting for me?" I ask with no emotion in my voice. "No, I was just standing by your door for no reason." He remarks.

I roll my eyes. "What do you want?" I ask as I make a stop by my locker. "Where have you been?" He watches as I place my stuff inside.

"What are you talking about? I've been at school." I raise an eyebrow. "You know what I mean." He shrugs. "Why haven't you been at the meetings?"

"I've been ..busy." I lie. I didn't want him to know how I was really feeling. "So busy that you can't even take charge of the student council meetings anymore?" Gabe urges.

"Yes." I reply and take out my soccer jersey. He really should just drop the subject.

"Why are you lying?"

"Gabriel I told you I have been busy. Now will you just drop -" I sigh.

"Jacqueline something is wrong. I can tell you aren't telling me the full story. Now what happened?" He demands as he shuts my locker.

"Why do you care! You don't even like me, or the student council, or school for that matter." I shout. I have had enough of his demanding questions already. I am not in the best of moods and he is just making it worse.

My comment throws him off a little bit. His ice blue eyes go wide. "Because you are going through some weird shit, you know with that doll and all. I can tell it's taken a toll on you."

"You have no idea." I say as I feel my eyes water. "These past few weeks have been hell." I openly admit.

His eyes soften and the bell rings, meaning were late, again. "Ugh, coach is going to be mad." I groan and wipe the tears from my eyes.

I open my locker again and grab the rest of my soccer stuff. "Isn't your teacher going to be mad you're late too?" I ask Gabriel and shut my locker.

"I don't care if she is or not. This school sucks anyways." He shrugs and puts his hands in his pockets. I let out a small laugh at how careless he is.