Chapter 4

My alarm went off and I hit the snooze button. I didn't want to get up, that was the hardest part of my mornings. I groaned into my lavender smelling pillow and picked my head up. I walked to the bathroom and looked at myself. My braid was a complete frizzy mess, and my eyes were trying hard to stay open. I brushed my teeth and untied my braid, making my straight hair form into beachy waves.

I walked to Adam's room to see if he was awake. I swung open his door and I saw him standing up changing and he was about to take off his boxers. "Ahhh!" I freaked and slammed his door shut. Gross.

"What the hell Jay! Ever heard of knocking!" He yelled from his room. "Sorry!" I called back. I went back to my room and went straight to my walk in closet. I choose a cream colored sweater and light pink skinny jeans. I paired it with nude flats and gold hoop earrings.

I applied champagne colored eyeshadow that enhanced my light, hazel eyes and peach lip gloss. I then added a little eyeliner and mascara and I was done with makeup.

"Are you almost ready?" Adam asked from the doorway. He was wearing a navy t-shirt, jeans, and navy Sperrys.

"Yeah, let me grab my bag." I reply and go back to my closet to get it. I follow Adam to Grace's room. "Goodmorning sleepy head, mom and dad should be up already and have pancakes for you downstairs." Adam patted her head. Grace stretched her little arms and sleepily smiled. I waved to Grace as we were leaving her room I glanced at the doll, it was still laying next to her. I thought of last night when I went to check on Grace and I swear I thought the doll was staring at me.

I shrugged and walked downstairs with Adam. "Goodmorning huns." My mom smiled. She was sitting at the table with my dad eating pancakes.

"Goodmorning!" I smiled as I grabbed my car keys. Adam did the same. "Where are you two in a rush?" My dad asked as he peeked at us from his newpaper. "It's still early, even for school Jacqueline." He raised an eyebrow.

"We have to go pick up breakfast for student council." Adam commented as he swirled his car keys around his index finger. "Yeah, we have an early meeting before school." I added.

"Ah, I see. Well okay. Have a good day, twins." He smiles and looks back to his newspaper. Adam grabbed his highschool letterman jacket from the coat closet and quickly put it on. It was pretty chilly outside.

We both head to the garage and get into our seperate cars. He puts his Ray-Bans on and rolls down the window of his hummer. "Where we going first?" He asked. I hop into my BMW and glare at him. "Why are you wearing sunglasses when the sun hasn't come out?" I ask. He's so weird.

"Chicks love the Ray-Bans." He gives me an evil smirk and backs out of the garage before me. Show off. What a fool, he doesn't even know where were going first. I smirk and back out as well, I notice hes waiting for me in his black hummer and follows me to Starbucks.

We both walk inside and I order twelve vanilla lattes. I pay with the school credit card and Adam waits with me to be called. "If the sun isn't up why should I be?" He yawns and leans his head against the wall. "Oh poor little Adam!" I sarcastically reply. "The latte will wake you up."

"Order for Jacqueline." The lady at the counter calls out. Adam and I walk over and grab the cup holders filled with lattes. We walk to the parking lot and I place the drinks in his car. "Woah! Wait why do I have to drive with the drinks?" He complains.

"Because! I have to drive with the doughnuts were going to pick up." I say as I walk back to my car. "But doughnuts can't spill." Adam says, clearly annoyed. "Exactly." I grin and shut the door to my car.

Soon, we arrive to Krispy Kreme and quickly pick up the dozens of pastries. I place them in my car and tell Adam I will meet him back at school.

We drive up in the parking lot and park next to each other. I see one of my best friends, Tiffany close the door to her white Mercedes. "Jacqueline!" She squeals and hugs me. "Hey Tiff." I smile. It's so early and she's already full of energy.

Adam climbs out of his car and smirks when he sees Tiffany. "Hey Tiff, looking good." He winks at her. I roll my eyes at his comment. He has had the biggest crush on Tiffany since freshman year.

"Hi there, Adam." She blushes. I swear they have a thing for each other they just won't admit it.

"I love your outfit." I change the subject before I puke. She is wearing a light green blouse tucked into a black leather skirt that flows out. Her chestnut colored hair is in long curls and I can tell she put mascara over long lashes, complimenting her dark, green eyes.

"Thanks, boo!" She gives me a warm smile and helps me grab the doughnuts to take inside.

All three of us walk into the student council meeting room and greet everyone already sitting in there. I pass lattes to all the members and I notice there is one latte left. "Where's Mckayla?" I ask Tiffany. "She should be on her way, she texted me and said she was going to be a little late." Tiffany replied as she passed out the pastries.

Mckayla is my other best friend, she is student council treasurer and is also on the varsity soccer team with me. Adam takes a seat next to Tiffany at the long, conference table and I sit across from her.

I began the meeting and discussed the preparations for prom. About half an hour later Mckayla comes into the room.

"Mckyala!" Tiffany runs and hugs her. "Sorry I am so late everyone." She looks directly at me. "It's okay. Were discussing who is doing what for prom." I smile and hand her a latte and pastry as she sits next to me.

"Thanks." She returns the smile. "So what am I assigned to do?" She says as she flips her long, black hair behind her. I look down at the long list. The bell rings, signaling for school to start. The rest of the members leave the room. "The only thing that is left is balloon duty." I look back to her. "I am in charge of snacks, Adam is in charge of drinks, and Tiffany and some other members are in charge of music." I add.

"Okay, well thats fine then." She takes a sip of her drink and heads off to first period with us. Mckayla and I walk into science class. Tiffany and Adam go into their English class right next door.

We make our way to the front table where we usually sit. "Hey so you will never guess what happened last night." I whisper to Mckayla. "What happened?" She asks. I was about to tell her about the doll until Mrs. Baker, our teacher called me out.

"Miss Wilson, they need you in the office." She gives me a glare. Everyone stares at me as I grab my bag and walk out of class.