Chapter 16

Helloooo everyone! Here is a long chapter! I couldn't decide on where to end it so it just kept going on, haha. Anyways! Comment on what you all think of the story so far and don't forget to vote! Thanks for reading! Enjoy~

I woke up in the middle of the night

due to thirst. I got out of bed and walked down the hallway to go downstairs. "Adam, what are you doing awake?" I ask as I rub my eyes. My brother was in the kitchen as well.

"Couldn't sleep." He replied. He was wearing navy, plaid pajama pants and no shirt, of course. "What about you?" He added. "I was thirsty, my throat felt really dry." I say as I take a bottle of water out of the fridge. "Hey, so what really happened?" He suddenly asked.

I looked to him, his hair was all messy and his eyes looked tired. "With what?" I took a sip of my water. "The doll. Why were you and that kid sitting in the front lawn?"

"Oh so now you wanna pay attention." I joked. "Well I came home to wait for Gabriel to arrive, and he was taking so long so I decided to watch t.v." I started explaining.

"...And?" He urged, so impatient. Gosh. "Well that's when it started." I sighed, starting to recall everything that happened.

"The doll was not on the couch, Adam. It showed up on the t.v screen and then

the power went off and I couldn't see anything." I said as he actually listened this time. "Oh hell." He took a deep breath. "I was trying to get the heck out of the house but it was a pain to do so because it was so dark and I was panicking."

"Jay, I am-" He started. "But Adam that's not even what frightened me the most." I continued. I at least wanted to finish explaining before he could jump to conclusions. "I heard it breathing. It was loud this time and it sounded raspy, kind of like a wheeze." I explained.

I finished telling him what happened when Gabe was here and he just stood there, lost in thought. "Say something, Adam." I urged.

"We need a plan." He replies.

My eyes lit up at his words. "I couldn't agree more." "This has got to stop. I haven't seen anything yet, but if this has already happened a couple of times to you, who knows what that doll will do next?" He said. I nodded my head in agreement.

"What should we do?" I asked as I took another sip of my water. Adam ran his hand through his messy hair and looked around the house. "We could set up video cameras and see what this thing is doing whenever we aren't home." He exclaims.

"Why can't we just go throw it at the dump?" I questioned, looking around the house as well. "Because." He began. "That's Grace's doll, she freaking loves that thing. If we suddenly got rid of it, mom and dad would suspect it and we wouldn't hear the end of it."

That's true. Grace would be devastated if she found out her beloved 'Alice' was gone. "And it's not like we can really just come out and tell mom and dad that the doll has been doing all this." Adam stated. "Mom wouldn't even listen to you when you tried to tell her last time." He added.

"Yeah, well at least you believe me." I said. "Exactly. I'm sure mom and dad would believe you too, if we just had proof." He said as he grabbed a pen and piece of notebook paper out from a cabinet.

"What are you doing?" I sat at the table across from him. "Writing out where we can put the video cameras." He answered. "Aren't mom and dad going to wonder why there are cameras everywhere?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I'll just tell them we should have them for security reasons. They won't question it." He smirked. "Oh yeah cause they will totally buy that"." I laughed. "They will, you watch tomorrow morning." He replied, all confident.