Chapter 2

We start heading out the door to find our first period. Our schedules are the exact same thing and our lockers are right next to each other. I honestly hope nothing goes wrong between us. Like if we get into a fight, then we would have to put up with each other the whole day. Which wouldn't please me at all.

"Take a right" I instruct him to do as I figure out where we are going. Searching the map for the route to take.

"Okay" he replies.

Other than a few words deciding on where to go, there is silence between us. I want to break the silence so badly.

"So...um...Four?" I say suddenly. I wasn't excepting myself to say anything at all.

"Yeah?"

I can't think of anything to ask. I feel like it should be something about moving to a new school or something like that but I just say, "What's your favorite color?"

He just gives me a questioning look and then says "Red."

"Okay." I say, "Mine is blue"

"Cool."

Does he think I'm weird or something? Should keep going? No he probably thinks I'm weird already. But then there's nothing to lose. No there islike me having date with him. What the fu...udge did I just think. Am I falling for him. No I can't be. We just met.

"So..." he says, his hand finding its way to the back of his head. Ishenervousabouttalkingtome? "Do you like the school so far?"

When he said this his gaze moved from the vacant halls to me. Thoseblueeyes. "Yeah, I guess. It is my first day."

"Mine too" he points out.

"Oh yeah"

Awkward silence. That's is just the worst thing to go through. We finally find our lockers and try opening them. Huge emphasis on 'try'.

I could not get the damn thing open no matter how many times I attempted. It was like the thing hated me.

Four probably saw me struggling and asked "Do you want me to help you there?"

"Yes please !" I say putting a lot more exhaustion into to it than it really needed.

With a few simple turns it opens. He turns around and smirks. Like he is saying 'Look at my awesome locker opening skills. Would you like me to teach you them?' Sarcasm implied.

"Just don't say anything Four." I say quickly so he doesn't have any time to say what was on his mind. We get our things and head towards our class. There is about forty five minutes left since we came in really early.

When we reach the door, Four puts his hand on the handle, about to open it until I say blankly "And let the day begin."