Chapter 10

Tobias PoV

I might as well be having a heart attack. Her hand went limp after I squeezed it and her eyes closed. No. No. No. Please don't die. Don't die on me. Maybe the impact of his blows were too much for her small frame. I can't take it anymore. I crouch down next to the couch and just keep saying Oh god please don't let her die. I never got to tell her anything about myself. Well at least not as much as I wanted to but please don't give up on her. She has got a great life ahead of her and she deserves it. I don't care if I'm in that future at all. I just don't want her to leave me.

I shudder when I hear a knock on the door. I know its the guys and I have to go get it. I sigh and start to get up. Something holds me tight. I don't know why but I hit the hand with my free hand, trying to get it to release its grip on me.

I look down to see a little hand wrapped around my wrist. A little red from me slapping it. I relax. I follow the arm that connects to the body that is holding me here. Its Tris. She says, barely able to get it out, "Don't leave me."

I have never loved three words so much. But of course if she said I love you, then I would be a lot happier then. But either way, I am over joyed. I lean down and whisper "I will never leave you. I just need to get the door. And I know who's there. Don't worry." Once I'm done talking, I press my lips to her forehead. I love the feeling of contact between us. How could I even think she would die on me. If anything she would forget me, but that won't happen either.

"HEY IS ANYONE HERE?! FOUR?!? TRIS?!?!" Zeke screams from behind the door. I get up and open the door, a smile covering my face.

They all run straight through the door and the girls go straight to her room. Well they asked where her room was and I told them. I answered their question, so, they didn't ask 'where is she?' The boys stay behind and ask me a whole bunch of questions. Like what happened, of course, and how badly she was hurt.

Before I could answer any of them, here comes the girls with a death stare pointing straight at me. "Hey you asked where her room was. So I answered."

"What the fuck dude! You knew we wanted to know where she was!!" they say this all at the sane time which kind of freaks me out. I start walking to the living room. Christina yells "YOU CANT WALK AWAY FROM US!!"

I smile at how dumb they are being. "I'm not, its just that she is over here." I say gesturing towards the couch. They all run over to the couch and probably see just a hand. Since the rest of her body has blankets on it. Marlene and Christina carefully remove the blankets away from Tris' face. There she is. Lying there. She is beautiful. She has a bruise of her jaw and under her eye.