Chapter 19

Tris PoV

Once me and Tobias park, all of our friends come rushing over to us.

"OMG! Tris are you okay?!" Christina screeches. She is obviously talking about that Peter, Eric, Molly, Drew incident thing.

Oh yeah. That's right, the only person that I ever saw while recovering was Tobias. Weird.

They all wrap their arms around me and trap me.

"Guys.... Can't..... Breath" I say wincing at the tightness of the hug. I'm still a little sore from what happened.

They all pull away while murmuring sorry.

'Eek!" Marlene screams suddenly.

"What!?" Zeke screams back, covering his ears.

"The Christmas Dance!!" Christina yells. She must have caught on to what Marlene was thinking.

For me, all that's running through my head is No shopping. No shopping. Please no shopping.

"SHOPPING!" Shauna, Christina and Marlene scream. I am about to run away but Tobias comes up behind me and hugs me. More for restraints than from love.

"Okay. After school. Mall." Christina says pointing to me.

"You guys have to go too." she says gesturing to the boys. They all whine, even Tobias.

"Oh suck it up." I say looking at Tobias, who has a pouty face on.

"But I don't wanna go." he says stomping his foot on the ground, whining like a five year old.

"Oh too bad. If I go. You go." I say.

"Fine." he says sticking his bottom lip out even further.

We all laugh and go to our lockers.

Everyone rambles on about the dance.

Me and Tobias walk a little behind them, holding hands.

"Hey, if I have to go tux hunting, will you at least say yes to my next question?" Tobias whispers into my ear.

"Uh....sure." I say hesitantly.

"Will you become my girlfriend?"

I look over at him and he is smiling a little. Nervously. I decide to have fun with this.

"Well I don't know...why don't we just....." while I say this, I tap my chin like I am deep in thought. As I say this, the corners of Tobias' mouth turn down. "Yes."

At this his face lights up immediately. "Really?!"

"Yes Tobias." I say.

"I love you Bea." he says.

"love you too Toby." I say giving him a hug.

"I love you more."

"I love you most."

"Impossible." he says leaning down and kissing my on my forehead. I wrap my arms around his waist and he does the same. We stay that way for awhile.

The bell rings and we pull away.

"I wish we were alone." Tobias sighs.

"Me too." I say kissing him one last time on the cheek.