Chapter Tris/6

Once I finish the paper I go down stairs for something to eat. When I get down stairs I see Caleb in the kitchen.

"Oh. Hey Caleb how was that club thingy?"

"Good. And where have you been?"

"In my room. I've been in my room ever since I got back home."

"Oh. Okay. Well I went into your room earlier but you weren't in there."

" I was probably excreting my waste fluids. " I say with a smart-ass look on my face. It feels nice when I feel at about the same level as my brother when he gets all smart mouth.

"Shut up. And I don't need to hear this." Caleb replies turning away towards the refrigerator. "So mom told me that we can go over to Marcus's house for dinner if we want to."

"Well I kind of don't want to. He scares the shit out of me sometimes." I admit.

"Oh god thank you! I thought we would have to go over there." Caleb looks more relaxed now.

"Well what are we going to have for dinner then?" I ask.

"I don't know. How about spaghetti and meatballs?"

"Sure but we don't have spaghetti."

"But I really want spaghetti!" he whines. Oh god. My brother is such a baby.

"Fine, but then we need to go over and ask Marcus if he could give us a box of spaghetti."

He just stands there and pouts. I finally I just say, "Alright! Fine! I'll go over and ask!" I sigh in defeat.

I hate it when he wins. And when he wins, he wears a smirk on his face for the rest of the day.

I go put on my jacket and go outside. I head to Marcus's house. Marcus is in his like late thirties. He has one son, but no one knows who it is since he is not allowed to go to any social events. I knock.

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and then the door opens. It reveals Marcus. He looks a bit drunk and mad so I keep a calm tone. "Hi Marcus."

When he realized who was at the door his face softened. "Hello Beatrice. Its nice to see you. Um, what do you want?"

"Well, um, I was wondering if you have a box of spaghetti you could spare?" I ask making sure I don't sound like I want to leave right away.

"Okay, let me go get it." he says "But please, come in" He gestures me inside. I hesitant slightly but I did my best to make it look like it was just my legs not acting at the right moment. I walk inside.

I see a figure at the top of the stairs but it quickly runs back up the stairs. I know its his son but I won't ask any questions about him.

"Well why don't you go say hello to my son while I go fetch the spaghetti." he suggests. I nod at the suggestion. "Tobias! Come downstairs and entertain our guest!" He shouts. I'd bet anything the neighbors could hear him.

A pair of feet appear at the top of the staircase. They start down the stairs, with a little limp in their step. When I finally can see who it is, my jaw drops, but only a little.

Four...

Four's POV

"Tobias! Downstairs and entertain our guest!" he yells at me. Obviously its someone who he doesn't care about showing me to them. Just a few seconds ago he yelled at me to go to my room while he opened the front door. I know they saw my feet because it took me a second longer to process what he said to me and execute the command.

I groan and get up off of my bed and head towards my door. Its not someone he cares about but cares enough to explain why there were feet at the top of the staircase. He just beat me so it takes a little longer to go down the stairs. He beat me just because I sang at school. I can't believe he's that cruel. He stated that singing is for women or men who aren't worth shit. I might have talked back, but that means more whips.

Trudging down the stairs with my head down like I'm making sure I don't miss a step. But I'm still trying to figure out who is here. When I get to the bottom of the stairs I look up to see who it is. I instantly regret my actions.

There is a silhouette that has a small structure. Blonde hair slightly tucked behind her ear. Blue-gray eyes staring at me with shock. Its Tris.

Now I'll have to tell her the truth. I can't do that. Only Uriah and Zeke know about what happens to me. What if she uses this against me? What if she thinks I'm weak? Insecurities flood my brain as I look away from her gaze. I have to tell her now...