Chapter 17

Tobias PoV

I wake up in an odd room. Its a metal room. Why would they need this.

I look around and it seems as though the walls are closing in on me. The room was getting smaller and smaller. I am tied to a chair that is bolted to the ground.

Where the heck am I, I think.

I look up and there he stands. With a whip in his hand. Marcus.

"This is for your own good son." he says and whips me repeatedly. Drew and Molly appear behind him and the room has stopped closing in. 

The whole room was getting smaller, it wasn't just me imagining it. 

They snicker behind Marcus, as he beats me as usual. It stings but I have gotten used to the pain. 

I look up and search the room for any sign of escape as Marcus slams his whip down on my back again. 

Finally I spot the outline of a door right behind Drew. 

I start to fiddle with the restraints on my hands since my legs are not tied down. There are handcuffs on me but they are cheap ones that you buy at a store like Dollar General. 

Soon my hands are free. I sit there so it looks like I'm still tied down. Then I hear Tris' voice behind the walls. I don't know what she said but I know I have to help her.

I cannot remember what happens next. My vision goes red and fury boils inside of me. I feel my fists hitting skin and bones. Its a weird feeling but when I can finally see. I don't know if I love the sight or not.

Peter, Eric, Molly, Drew and Marcus are all hanging over the chasm.

I make sure that Peter and Marcus are the first to drop by stepping on their hands with my feet. Eric goes down. then Molly and Drew. I watch them all fall and I hear their screams.

I turn around when I hear a voice, its Zeke. He has a knocked Tris slung over his shoulder.

"Come on bro. Let's get out of here." he says breathless.

Then I wake up in a cold sweat. I have Tris next to me shaking me.

"Tobias! Tobias! Oh God. You scared me. You were screaming and thrashing and everything. What happened?" Tris asks me with worry in her eyes.

"I was dreaming about what happened. Like before we got you here." I say wanting to avoid this conversation.

" Okay. Want to talk about it, or later?" she asks.

"Later." I reply. I'm happy she let's me keep this to myself just a little longer. That's when I realize that I am on the floor and she is with me.

"Tris! You weren't supposed to get out of bed!" I practically yell at her. She shrinks back from the sudden anger in my voice.

"I know. Its just that you were screaming and I was scared. So I came over here to comfort you." she admits looking down.

"Its okay." I say in a comforting voice picking her up bridal style and setting her down on her bed.

I watch her eyes slowly close, but before they do, she whispers "I love you Tobias."

"I love you too." I whisper back even though her eyes are already closed.

That's when I realize that there is the Christmas dance in two months.

I will have to ask her once she gets better.

Wait. We aren't even going out yet. Well that's another question I'll have to ask her. Of course, when she gets better.

Hopefully Christina can find something for her to wear.

I crawl into her bed with her and wrap my arms around her. I take out the locket I gave to her when we were little and carefully put it on her. I open the locket when I finally get it on. There's a picture of me and her when we were 5. She looks beautiful even then too. I had always had a crush on her ever since we met.

My eye lids close but the last thing I see is Tris smiling. She is sleeping of course but she looks peaceful. A smile forms on my lips and I fall asleep again.

This time, its filled with memories of us when we were kids.