A New Student!

It was Monday morning and it was freezing outside, I looked outside my window and saw the dark clouds and the a tiny bit of snow falling. I shivered a bit and moved towards my cupboard to put some clothes on,

I  put some long blue pants on and my converse shoes with a jumper to keep myself warm, I did my hair into a high bun and applied a bit of make-up, I had to look a little bit decent for school.

I reached into one of my contact boxes and picked my one contact up, I reached towards my eye to find nothing on my finger, I looked around the basin to try and find it but it was impossible.

"Great!" I sighed and reached into my draw to get my black nerdy glasses out that I hadn't worn in over a year, It took me a while to adjust to them but I eventually could see things at there finer details. I hated wearing these glasses, when I was little I used to have my hair in pigtails, I didn't wear makeup so my freckles would show and I had to wear nerdy glasses that looked way to big for my face, making my eyes look to big for my face.

I walked downstairs with my bag on my back. I grabbed a scarf from behind the door and followed Damen out of the door towards his car parked on the pavement.

He was taking me to school today because Taylor was doing some stuff for the wedding and she didn't have time and Lily and Jake which are my parents best friends- which are looking after us- are out of town for a few days so that's why it's just Taylor and I.

We arrived at the school and I sighed, it was so nice and warm in the car and I really didn't feel like going out into the cold where the wind would mess my hair up and the light snow make it all frizzy.

"Enjoy your day Mia!" Damen shouted out as I closed the door, I gave him a thumbs up and waved goodbye.

I walked through the big double doors of the school in a hurry and went through the corridors towards my locker.

I got to my locker and as usual Rosie came running up to me in her usual excitement,

"Mia!" She shouted as I closed my locker. I faced her and she had wide happy eyes. Rosie was wearing a purple-grey jacket with some skinny jeans and some converse just like mine, her hair done in a classic ponytail.

"Apparently there are rumors about a new person!" She said walking next to me,

"And?" I said a little annoyed by her happiness,

"I don't know, it's just that new people are usually awesome!" Rosie said laughing, I smiled at her and hugged her as we went to our separate classes, I got into class and I felt so self conscious with these glasses on.

"Morning class" Mr. Dawson said, we all replied in a low tone and got out our books out slowly.

"Class we have a new student-" Mr Dawson went on about making friends and being nice and giving us the whole lecture and that's when I heard his name,

"Welcome Xavier, hope you enjoy it here" He said, 'Xavier?' I said to myself I'm sure I've heard that name before,

"Mia wouldn't you mind him sitting next to you for the meantime, thank you" I looked up and my heart literally stopped and then sped up like it wanted to burst out of my chest, it was him. The one from the wedding place on Saturday, I buried my face in my book as he came closer and closer,

"Hay it's...a... Mia right?" He said, I looked up and nodded my head at him. He walked behind me and pulled out his chair making it screech against the tile floor.

Everyone looked in our direction and I hung my head down feeling embarrassed, especially since I had put my glasses on today. Great day so far... Not.

***

Please vote and comment

Would really appreciate it if you tell me how my story is doing so far :D

Thanks

Xx