Chapter Five: Alone with Ian at His House

The door flew open. My hand was on Ian’s shoulder and the other was on the back of his head. Ian was leaning at me, his lips still on my forehead. And when the door flew open, I jumped and pushed him away from me.

            “What’s going on here?” Miranda’s familiar voice echoed the room.

            “I—we’re just talking,” I stammered.

            I glanced at Ian. His lying on the bed, his eyes still surprised because of the push. I turned to Miranda, who was still frowning. I forced a smile.

            It turned out Miranda is not alone. She’s holding hands with Evan and I raised an eyebrow. Evan caught this and grinned. “We’re going out.”

            “Where are you going?”

            Evan shrugged. “I don’t know.” He glanced at Miranda. “Where do you want to go?”

            “Let’s go to a club!” Miranda suggested excitedly, her eyes shining.

            “That’s what I have in my mind! I thought you’re not the kind of girl who goes to clubs,” Evan said and looked Miranda up and down. Then he glanced at me and winked. “We better get going.”

            I frowned. “But it’s still raining.”

            “We’re bringing Ian’s car,” Evan said simply.

            That snapped Ian from reality and sat in a bolt. He glared at his brother. “Why do you want my car? Why couldn’t you just call a cab?”

            I rolled my eyes. What’s with car and boys? Seriously.

            “Because I’m bringing a girl,” Evan replied, gesturing to Miranda. “It’s not good to bring your date in a cab. Please, Ian?”

            Ian rolled his eyes. “Fine,” he snapped.

            Evan punched the air. “Great! Let’s go!” He grabbed Miranda’s hand and closed the door shut. After two seconds, the door opened, Evan poking his head in. “Don’t do anything naughty when we’re gone.”

            “Get out!” Ian yelled. In the same time, I shouted, “Shut up!”

            Evan laughed and closed the door once again. This time, it didn’t open again.

            I faced Ian who was looking away and avoiding my eyes. I frowned. “Ian? Is everything okay?”

            He turned to my direction, but he was still avoiding my eyes. “I’m sorry about the kiss,” he said bluntly.

            I shrugged. He’s apologizing for that? The kiss didn’t bother me. “It’s okay. At least it wasn’t on the lips. That will ruin my perspective of you.”

            Ian laughed nervously. “Good. I was having these thoughts to kiss you on the lips.”

            There was an awkward silence at first but I decided to break it. “Uh… let’s go downstairs. I could fix something for us.”

            Ian smiled. “Do you know how to cook?”

            I blushed slightly. “Not really. Do you?”

            Instead of answering my question, Ian grabbed my hand and together we walked out of his room. Instead of going to the kitchen, we ended up in the living room. I sat on the couch, just beside him.