Chapter Twenty-Four: Mom's Home... Call 911!

“So you and Ian are cool now?” Suzanne asked from the backseat.

            I smiled and nodded. “Yeah, we’re okay, I guess. I think I forgive him… And I do love him. I’ll give him another chance.”

            She nodded approvingly. “That’s right! If you love him, you should give him another chance. You’re getting wiser.”

            I rolled my eyes at the same time when Miranda glanced at me. “Well, are you happy now?” she asked and I nodded vigorously. Of course I’m happy. Why wouldn’t I be? I feel so complete.

            It’s a month after the beach trip and Ian and I are more than okay. We always hang out with each other and every night, he’d call me and we’ll talk about random things until we fell asleep. And when I wake up in the morning, I’d check my phone and see that he sent me a ‘good morning’ message. If it’s possible, it made me fall deeper in love with him.

            “Ian and I are going to the movies tonight,” I said conversationally. “We’re going to watch The Amazing Spiderman.”

            “Oh! Oh! I heard its good,” Suzanne said excitedly.

            “Whatever with the movie,” Miranda said dismissively, making Suzanne scowl at her. “Anyway, Victoria, what are you going to wear? You better make an impression! You want him to like you.”

            “He already likes her,” Suzanne said, shrugging. “And besides, Victoria is pretty with anything she wears.”

            “Thanks,” I said. “But I don’t want to date Ian now. Maybe in the future, yes… if he asks. But if he doesn’t want to, well, I can’t make him. Anyway, the point is, I don’t want any relationships now. I want to spend time with Ian as friends for the meantime. And about what I’m going to wear, I was actually wondering if you two are going to help me.”

            “Of course! What are friends for?” Miranda asked, winking at me.

            “Absolutely! You need all the help you can get in your wardrobe,” Suzanne said, shaking her head at me disappointedly.

            I rolled my eyes at her. As I opened my mouth to tell her that she’s really overreacting and it’s my wardrobe, my phone rang. I rummaged inside my bag and when I finally got hold of my phone, I pressed the Answer button. “Yellow?” I said playfully. Yep, I’m in such a good mood.

            “Victoria, where are you?” Vince’s voice asked nervously.

            I frowned in confusion. “Um, in the car. With Miranda and Suzanne. Why?”

            “Are you coming home? Right now?”

            “Yeah, why?”

            “Becauseisuggestyoudont!”

            “What? What did you say? And slow down! Why are you so nervous? Is there something to be nervous about?” I asked.

            He took a deep breath. “I said, I suggest you don’t go home now. There’s some—someone you don’t want to see.”

            “Who? Lance?”

            “No. Someone who is worser.”

            “Worser? Is that even a word?”