Epilogue: A Crazy Happy Ever After

“Are you ready?” Suzanne asked Miranda for the umpteenth time.

            Miranda gulped and shook her head. “No, I think I’m not.”

            She rolled her eyes. “Don’t be such a ninny. You were excited yesterday!”

            “That was yesterday!”

            “Well, during the rehearsals, then.”

            “Only a few people were attending! Actually, it was just the six of us!” Miranda wailed and clutched her perfectly curled hair.

            “Hey, hey, watch the hair!” I warned her. “You’re going to ruin my work!”

            She sighed. “I think I cannot do this.”

            Suzanne stared at her. “Then why the hell did you said yes? You should have said no! This wedding was sooo expensive.”

            “You did not pay for it,” I commented, laughing.

            “Guys, this is not a joke!” Miranda cried, biting her lip nervously.

            I sighed and placed my hand on top of hers. “Don’t worry, Miranda. You’re going to get married to the person that you love the most. The person who will take care of you and will love you forever. Who would imagined that you’re getting married? Seven years ago, when we were still seventeen, you were determined to be a spinster. And here you are, on your way to the wedding!”

            “But—but what if Evan doesn’t come?” she asked, tears forming to her eyes.

            “God, you’re such a pessimist,” Suzanne complained, rolling her eyes.

            “Like you weren’t like this when it was your wedding,” Miranda snapped at her.

            “And now look at me!” Suzanne said, gesturing at her big belly. “Six months pregnant! It turned out great, did it?”

            Miranda exhaled and then inhaled. “I’m getting married.”

            I laughed. “Of course you are! Why are we going to the church if you weren’t?”

            “I’m actually getting married.”

            Suzanne rolled her eyes. “Duh. You’re wearing your wedding dress that costs bajillion dollars.”

            The limousine suddenly stopped. I grinned and open the door. I was followed by Miranda, who was still pale white and was clutching her rosy pink roses. The both of us helped Suzanne to get out of the car since she has a hard time walking.

            “This is it,” I whispered to Miranda. “This is the day you’re going to remember. The day you’re going to tell your children and grandchildren someday.”

            She smiled at me and hugged me. “Oh God, I love you, Victoria.” Then she let go of me and hugged Suzanne. “And of course you, too. Even though sometimes you’re a crazy bitch.”

            Suzanne laughed. “Who can blame me? I’m pregnant! I must have mood swings.”

            “Good, you’re here! Evan’s here already,” Miranda’s grandpa, Edward, said as he approached us. Then he smiled at his only grandchild. “You look exactly like your mother on her wedding day. You look very beautiful, Miranda.”