Chapter Nineteen: Diamond Necklace

“Oh my gosh, what am I going to wear?” Suzanne wailed.

            Miranda smirked. “I never thought I’d see the day that the mighty fashion-lover Suzanne Rodriguez would ever wail what she’s going to wear on a date.”

            I laughed as I watched Suzanne glared at her. “Well, this is the most serious relationship I ever had! Of course I’m going to be careful on what I wear.”

            “I think Vince will like you whatever you’ll wear,” I offered, smiling at her.

            She smiled at me gratefully. “Thanks, Victoria.”

            “Well, he would like you even more if he sees your clothes on his floor,” I said jokingly, making Suzanne blush and Miranda laugh.

            “Ugh, never mind, you guys! You never help me if I have some problems,” Suzanne complained, marching out her room.

            Miranda and I laughed once again and when we stopped, we were breathless.

            It’s Saturday afternoon and Vince and Suzanne were going on a double date with Evan and Miranda later this evening. Vince told me that he’s planning something big tonight and when I told Suzanne this, she got pretty excited and began complaining what to wear. She demanded us to help her so here we are now, trapped inside her room.

            Miranda, however, chose to wear her casual black “bad-girl-type” clothes. She said Evan needs to deal whatever she wears and I will know he won’t complain. He told me yesterday when I called him that he’s going to be pretty serious with Miranda. He said he never felt this way before and I’m happy for him and Miranda.

            I smiled sadly and sighed. My friends already have their happy love lives. Even Miranda seems happy—who I never thought would be stuck with one guy. When would I find someone who I can call mine? When would I find someone like Suzanne’s Vince? When would I find someone like Miranda’s Evan?

            After my talk with Ian last Monday afternoon, we started spending time together again like nothing happened. Sure, I still love him and all but we never spoke about the kiss he gave me that time.

            Sure, I was kissed a lot of times—well, mostly by Lance. But that kiss is so different. So real and so right. The kiss he gave me was his own choice—not because he’s in a play or he’s drunk. It was his own choice and I wanted to believe that he does have feelings for me.

            The door suddenly opened, revealing a happy bouncing Suzanne. “You two—out! I’m changing!” she demanded, still grinning like an idiot.

            “You found something to wear?” Miranda asked, still lying on Suzanne’s bed comfortably.

            She nodded. “Yep! My Mom gave this to me.” Suzanne raised her hand, which was around a pink casual dress. “She said it’s her good luck dress so… I was thinking maybe it’ll give me some luck, too.”           

            I got up from the chair that I was sitting and faked a smile at my two best friends. “Now you have your dress, I think it’s my cue to go now, don’t you think? There’s nothing I could do here anymore.”

            “Oh… yeah. Okay. I’ll see you tomorrow?” Suzanne said, smiling.

            I smirked. “In my brother’s room?”